Stuffed Meatloaf Recipes
Take ordinary meatloaf up a notch by adding a tasty stuffing tucked inside. This page contains stuffed meatloaf recipes
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
A lot of people say, "eh, meatloaf, it's okay". I found this recipe on a cooking show and tried to copycat it with all my own tweaks. The idea was incredible, as was the meatloaf!
Yield: 6 Servings
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 lb sausage meat
- 1 medium onion, chopped very fine (food processor)
- 1/2 green pepper, chopped fine (food processor)
- 2 large cloves garlic, chopped finely
- 2 jumbo eggs
- 1/2 cup grated cheese
- 1/4 tsp Old Bay Seasoning, black pepper, fresh basil, and salt (taste test)
- 1 cup Italian flavored bread crumbs
- 1 can diced tomatoes, drained (reserving the liquid)
- 4-5 fresh basil leaves, sliced thin
- 2 plum tomatoes
- 1 medium green pepper, sliced thin
- 1/2 cup Monterey Jack shredded cheese
- Using a large mixing bowl, combine ground beef & sausage. Add eggs and seasonings. Use only a 1/4 teaspoonful of each seasoning and taste test.
- Chop green pepper, onion and garlic in the food processor. Add to meat mixture.
- Add bread crumbs and grated cheese. Mix well. If the meat feels too soft and wet, add more bread crumbs. Add a 1/2 can of drained tomatoes, set aside the remainder. Mix well again.
- Using a large jelly roll pan, cover the pan with clear plastic wrap.
- Place the bowl of meat into the center of the pan.
- Spread the meat out to a rectangular shape.
- After that, lay out in the center all the sliced tomatoes. Then the fresh basil, enough to cover the tomatoes. Then add your fine sliced green peppers. Topping this off with shredded cheese.
- Lift the plastic wrap up toward you, and start rolling it. Use your hands to tuck in any thing that needs tucking in. Keep rolling until you get to the end and pull of the wrap.
- Center the meatloaf and mold the ends and seal the seams.
- I used the leftover tomatoes and reserved tomato juice and poured it over the top when ready to serve.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 60 minutes.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 beaten eggs
- 1/2 cup tomato juice (+ 1 cup for topping)
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. sage
- 1 tsp. onion
- 1/4 cup melted margarine
Combine all main ingredients together. Place half of ingredients into a greased pan. Mix the filling ingredients together. Spread this mixture over meat mixture in pan. Place second half of meat mix on top of this. Pour 1 cup tomato juice over it. Bake at 300 degrees F for 1 1/2 hours.
By Sandy from Graettinger
Place bread in blender container. Process to fine crumbs. Add to ground beef in bowl; mix well. Place celery, onion, egg, water, salt, and pepper in blender container.Read More...