Stuffed Meatloaf

I found this recipe in a video on Facebook. Then I had to just try and remember it. Then of course tweak it my own way!

1. Using a mixing bowl, mix ground beef, eggs, bread crumbs, grated cheese, seasonings and milk. Mix well.
  2. Lay out a piece of parchment paper. Place the whole amount of ground beef. Press flat, then form into a rectangle.
  3. Advertisement

4. Lay on top 4 slices of ham and then 4 slices of provolone cheese, then spread out the chopped tomatoes.
  5. Now, using the parchment paper, pull the paper up and then start to roll the meat, as you roll, pull back the paper. Then you should be able to roll it up well. When all rolled, tuck in the ends well. Turn the seam side over. Set aside in the pan.
  6. Roll out ready crust as thin as you can. Flour the surface and rolling pin. Sprinkle the crust with flour. Take the roll of meat and set it in the middle of the crust. Start folding the crusts over the meat neatly. Tucking in the ends neatly. Put the seam side down.
  7. Advertisement

8. Use the beaten egg mix and rub over all the crust. Put this in the middle of the spray oiled pan.
  9. Bake in a 350 degree F oven for 45 minutes or nicely golden brown.
  10. This can be cut with a serrated knife right away and served. Serve with or without potatoes or just fresh vegetables.

Jackie, this looks delicious. I have never thought of using a crust.

I will have to try my own version of this. My family would be so impressed. :)

Thank you, Jess...I was so surprised how moist and different it was. You just can't reheat it in the microwave. It causes the pastry to get soggy. It is best to slice it cold and use hot gravy over it.

Interesting. I think this sounds super tasty

Food and Recipes Recipes MeatloafAugust 4, 2020
🌻
😷
🐛
📓
😎
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Stuffed-Meatloaf-2.html

MeatloafRecipes