Home Made "Spray n' Wash"

Instead of buying Spray and Wash or a similar item, I make my own.

Ingredients

Directions

Put in a spray bottle. Shake to mix and use as needed for spot removal on clothes. By Penney from Sioux Lookout, ON

Showing: Comments Sort: Relevance

Sounds like it could be a great money saver. What kind of all purpose cleaner do you use?

Same question...

What kind of all purpose cleaner?

For my spray and wash I use 1 cup vinegar, 1 cup of liquid laundry detergent (usually homemade) 1 cup of amonia, and 1 cup of water. Just spray on stain and wash afterwards. Don't let it set long on the clothes.

Sorry to be so long to get back to you. I use No Name All Purpose cleaner. It is around $6 a gallon here.

Good idea, what kind of all purpose cleaner do you suggest? Is Simple Green too heavy a cleaner?

I use fels naptha, or zote soap. They are laundry soap bars. There's also a brand called Vela, but it doesn't work as well. Simply wet stain with water, rub on soap bar, grab garment on each side of stain, and rub vigorously between your hands. That breaks up the stain. Zote and fels naptha are both available at my local walmart. If you cant find either at yours try a Latin market, they use zote or vela for hand washing all their clothes, in their home countries they don't have washers or dryers.

I just wet the spot on the garment, add a small touch of Dawn dish detergent and give it a quick scrub and stain comes out in the wash. Yours sounds like a better idea though if you have a lot of stains and kids laundry.

Comment

Laundry supplies.
Homemade Stain Remover Recipes
Home and Garden Cleaning LaundryJanuary 31, 2006
Washable Wiping Squares
Reusable Toilet Paper (Cloth Wiping Squares)
Child in a brightly colored clown costume.
Making a Clown Costume
A jar of homemade salsa.
Freezing Salsa
Two men Dressed as Storm Troopers
Making a Clone Trooper Costume
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on May 29, 2016 at 7:05:13 PM on 10.0.0.53 in 280 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.