Question
Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Home Made "Spray n' Wash"

Instead of buying Spray and Wash or a similar item, I make my own.

Ingredients

• 1/3 cool tap water
  • 1/3 all purpose cleaner
  • 1/3 rubbing alcohol

Directions

Put in a spray bottle. Shake to mix and use as needed for spot removal on clothes. By Penney from Sioux Lookout, ON

Feedback Forum

Feedback about this article is posted here. Want to contribute? Click above to post feedback.

By Betty [104]06/26/2012

I just wet the spot on the garment, add a small touch of Dawn dish detergent and give it a quick scrub and stain comes out in the wash. Yours sounds like a better idea though if you have a lot of stains and kids laundry.

By Alicia [6]06/26/2012

I use fels naptha, or zote soap. They are laundry soap bars. There's also a brand called Vela, but it doesn't work as well. Simply wet stain with water, rub on soap bar, grab garment on each side of stain, and rub vigorously between your hands. That breaks up the stain. Zote and fels naptha are both available at my local walmart. If you cant find either at yours try a Latin market, they use zote or vela for hand washing all their clothes, in their home countries they don't have washers or dryers.

By Debby Pasfield (Guest Post)12/08/2006

Good idea, what kind of all purpose cleaner do you suggest? Is Simple Green too heavy a cleaner?

By Penney Lock03/17/2006

Sorry to be so long to get back to you. I use No Name All Purpose cleaner. It is around $6 a gallon here.

By scarlett mathis [7]02/15/2006

For my spray and wash I use 1 cup vinegar, 1 cup of liquid laundry detergent (usually homemade) 1 cup of amonia, and 1 cup of water. Just spray on stain and wash afterwards. Don't let it set long on the clothes.

By Jennifer,CA (Guest Post)02/09/2006

Same question...
What kind of all purpose cleaner?

By Mairmie. (Guest Post)02/01/2006

Sounds like it could be a great money saver. What kind of all purpose cleaner do you use?

Post Feedback

Add your voice to the conversation. Click here to share feedback.