Getting Rid of Mice

How do I get rid of mice?

By baktus from Canada

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

Depends on your environment. If you don't have any kids and you have a basement (or the mice are in your shed or barn) acquire a black snake and let him loose (in the basement shed or barn). Tell your friends you are looking for one and to let you know if they find one or catch one for you. This option is nice because the snake takes care of ALL the mice (babies, rats, etc.). And when it is done it travels on to greener and mousier pastures.

Your next option is to use mouse traps. Peanut butter works really god as a bait. Try to get traps that have either holes in the bait tray or a looped end. You want the peanut butter to get into a hard to reach spot or the mice will lick it all off and never set off the trap. Of course this doesn't work if you have kids. The option if you have kids is either get a cat or get mouse traps where the mouse goes in and never comes out. I have never used traps like these but they supposedly work well and are more "humane". But I know the snake, peanut butter and cat options work wonders (unless you get a lazy or vegetarian cat).

Long term effective solution, cats one will do, two are better. Especially if you live in an area where this is going to be a recurring problem. That's why people domesticated cats in the first place vermin control.

The one and only way to get rid of mice is to block the entryway to where they get in. Until you do this you will always have one more mouse. If one can find a way to get in so can the rest.

I got rid of the mice from my mother's trailer in Oklahoma by taking away the food sources. She had a large pantry that had open box, bags, etc. I went to walmart and bought several big plastic boxes with lids and put all bagged and boxed food in the plastic boxes leaving only the canned and jarred food on the shelves. I also cleaned her trailer from top to bottom. She was paying to have her house cleaned weekly but when I flew back to help get her diabetes under control, it was very obvious they were only vacuuming and dusting.

Use steel wool to fill in cracks to keep them from entering the house. I used the glue pads when I had the problem and collected many. When my nephew moved in with 3 cats the mice moved out permanently! I think that's the only way they really go.

www.havahart.com/store/live-animal-traps/mouse

www.themousedepot.com/

www.seabrightlabs.com/mouse.htm

This always took care of my annoying rat problem http://howtofixstuff.blogspot.com/2012/01/how-to-get-rid-of-mice.html

Add your voice! Click below to comment on this post or add your answer to this question. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom.

mouse in the kitchen
Getting Rid of Mice
Home and Garden Pest Control MiceApril 17, 2011
Closeup of a gopher.
Getting Rid of Gophers
Closeup of green bodied house fly.
Getting Rid of Flies
mouse peeking out of a hole in a loaf of bread
Getting Rid of Mice Without Killing Them
Peppermint Oil
Using Peppermint Oil for Mice Control
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on June 24, 2016 at 10:07:02 AM on 10.0.0.126 in 533 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.