My Favorite Sandwich: Mill Valley Or Tomato

My Favorite Sandwich: It's a tie between a Mill Valley sandwich and a tomato sandwich. With Mill Valley (apparently a town in California where it originated), you use a very moist whole wheat bread, preferably home made. Spread Best Foods mayo (no other brand does it for me) on both slices. Then put on 2 slices of muenster cheese and some fresh spinach leaves to taste. Eat slowly with a glass of iced tea on the side. Mmmmm. Tomato sandwiches are easy. Use two slices of any bread and spread with mayo. Add slices of beefsteak tomato (or other variety if you're not so blessed) and sprinkle with salt. This is best cut in quarters because it's really messy. Lean over your plate! Enjoy!

By Coreen from Rupert, ID

Add a little avacado and toast your bread with your tomato. Yummy! The best part of summer!

Hi Coreen, my vote is for the "Tomato Sandwich", growing up in Rhode Island, my dad always grew "Big Boy" tomato's in our back yard. We would have fresh tomato's all summer long. My favorite is Tomato, Mayo on fresh Italian Bread, which my mom would buy at the local Italian Bakery. Sure does bring back some really fine memories. I now live in Southeastern, Massachusetts and that Italian Bakery has been a thing of the past for many years, but when they were open a fresh tomato sandwich on their bread was the best.

Take good care and happy tomato sandwich eating.

I love tomato sandwiches...My sister and I one summer ate a bushel basket of tomatoes all by ourselves that way,We'd have ours with buttered toasted bread,miracle whip and lucious ripe tomatoes.To this day,a tomato sandwich is the highlight of my whole summer..Tomatoes rule!!

Vegetarian Sandwich Recipes
Vegetarian Sandwich Recipes
Food and Recipes Recipes SandwichesApril 4, 2007
Closeup of lily-of-the-valley flowers against green of leaves and blue sky.
Growing Lily-of-the-Valley
Wood Pellets
Making Your Own Wood Pellets
Bowl of cream of tomato soup garnished with chives.
Freezing Tomato Soup
Tomato Hornworms
Controlling Tomato Hornworms