Preventing Pasta from Sticking to Colander

When you drain pasta in a colander, your pasta can stick to the colander and make a mess. If this does happen to you, simply take your favorite cooking spray in the can, or your spray butter, and spray the colander before pouring your hot pasta in it to drain. Pasta comes out easier, and the mess is so much easier to handle.

By Daphna from Alachua, Florida

I've been cooking pasta for over 30 years and never thought to do that! Thank you so much! I'll be trying that tonight!

I never thought about that either. Thank you!

Northern Virginia

I've never had that problem. I always put about 2-3 Tbs of Olive Oil in the water before it boils and before I put the pasta in the water. I drain the pasta in a colander, then put the pasta back in the pan and it just slides out of the colander with no problem. I put the pasta back in the pan and mix it with whatever sauce I'm using or I put the pasta in a baking dish with sauce to bake in the oven. I put Olive Oil in just about everything I cook . It's great!

Food and Recipes Food Tips Helpful HintsNovember 19, 2007
Homemade gluten free pasta.
Gluten Free Pasta Recipes
Two colors of frozen ravioli.
Freezing Cooked Pasta
A chunk of stuck together ice cubes.
Keeping Ice Cubes from Sticking
Baked Chicken Pasta Recipes
Baked Chicken Pasta Recipes