Chester The Cat

Chester is 3 years old. We adopted him from a local rescue shelter a year ago. He loves to play with drinking straws!

We lost both of our previous cats in road accidents 3 years ago and the house just didn't feel right without a kitty. I plagued my husband for months to get another one but he kept refusing, however he had his eye on a new motorbike so we struck a deal, a cat for a bike! I explained to the shelter staff that we already had a 100 lb German Shepherd who was used to living with cats but I needed to make sure we adopted a cat with attitude, one who knew how to put a dog in it's place.

Chester is a big cat (about 15 lbs.) and was found as a stray wandering around local farms on the edge of town. His coat was very dirty and the shelter staff had shaved his back as his fur was matted. We have lots of coyotes in those areas so I figured if he'd managed to handle wild coyotes he'd certainly have no bother with the dog! Sure enough he jumped straight out of the cat carrier, took a leisurely stroll around the house, 15 minutes later he was stretched out on our bed like he'd lived with us forever. He's such a sweetie and even my husband loves him to bits (even though he pretends not to).

By littleredrooster from Calgary, Canada

Oh what a sweetie! He looks very proud and confident, sounds like you found the perfect match for your family :)

It sounds as if he approves of you wholeheartedly! My cats keep going into the sink and pulling my yellow scrubber out of it and chasing it around the house like a mouse. They are so funny.

I have big dogs, too, and the cats think they are great, I can't even believe the cats have taken to laying next to the open rabbit cage on a big table in the Living Room.

But they seem to adore each other, even though I keep an eye on them. The bird sits atop the rabbit cage, it's cage tied down securely...onto the rabbit cage, but Perry will never come out of his cage, even though I let him have the opportunity all the time. He lets us know if any one of our fur babies are acting in a manner not fit for a parakeet to view....LOL.

Give your wonderful Chester a hug and a kiss from me and all the animals over here! Here is Winky on top of Perry's cage watching the house from his perch atop the rabbit and bird cage....LOL. Racer

He's a beauty. But, maybe you'd consider keeping him indoors since you lost two to road accidents?

Chester is very pretty and looks quite comfy. Sounds like the right match for all.

Ha, my cat loves drinking straws too. She scoots it across the floor and flips, catches and chews it. Good cheap fun!

Photos Pets CatsOctober 7, 2009
Two male Persian cats.
Neutered Male Cat Mounting Other Male Cats
A cat door installed in an old door.
Teaching a Cat to Use a Cat Door
Cat Meowing
Preventing A Cat From Meowing
Girl with her has face painted like a black cat.
Making a Cat Costume