Shred Only Personal Information

When shredding paper you only have to shred the parts with your personal info. Recycle the rest or use the blank side as scrap paper.

By Patti from Oak Ridge, TN

I shred any junk paper that isn't shiny or doesn't have lot's of ink, then I use the shredded paper in my compost bin, or mix it with shredded leaves and grow potatoes in it, or use as mulch that can be tilled into the garden at the end of the season. Hey, waste not...and it's really good compost!

I don't even trash anything with my name, I shred it. And one needs to be very careful with documents from financial institutions. Some of the stuff is generic/copies sent to everyone but whenever looking at all the pages you may find account number, SS number, etc.

Shredding Confidential Document
Disposing of Important Papers
Organizing Clutter ControlMarch 25, 2008
Homemade wedding invitation.
Homemade Wedding Invitations
Squirrel Outside
Squirrels Damaging Outdoor Furniture
Shredded Privacy
Protecting Personal Information
Credit Report
Providing Information to a Credit Bureau
🎉
🎄