Water Damage on Wood Furniture

I have a very nice new oak Shaker style coffee table. My 12 year old has not been using coasters, and now I have 3 large bubbles in the wood due to moisture. How can I repair this?

By L.Blue from NM

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

Find a long needle syringe with the needle intact, see if your local vet can give you one, never use one that is not sterile and unused. Add some wood glue or Elmer's glue and insert under the bubble with the needle. Then add a piece of plastic wrap and a thick towel and place a brick or something that will evenly distribute weight to the area and let dry. It should work fine. Good luck.

I actually screamed when I discovered that my husband had set the table with damp place mats, put heavy dishes on them, and left several large water spots on my lovely teak wood table. i found this site and tried the iron and paper towel trick and it took most of the stain away. I think I need to do the table with Murphy's Oil Soap next. Thank you for saving his life!

Water Damaged Wood Furniture in Flooded Room
Repairing Water Damaged Wood Furniture
Home and Garden Home Improvement Furniture RepairAugust 20, 2010
Antique wood three drawer table and upholstered side chair.
Cleaning Antique Wood Furniture
Hands polishing a wood table
Cleaning Wood Furniture
Antique Wood Furniture with Sticky Film
Cleaning Wood Furniture With a Sticky Film
Hand holding a smoking cigarette.
Cleaning Nicotine from Wood Furniture
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 16, 2017 at 1:31:41 PM on 10.0.0.96 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.