Selling Wedding China

I would like to sell my never been used fine Italian china from my wedding over 24 years ago. Does anyone know where I can start to look for someone who may be interested in buying it? Thanks in advance.

By Tina from Orange County, CA

If you go to you can post items for sale, for free. You can also add pictures of the items. This is a great way to sell because people who live in your area will contact you if they are interested in seeing what you have to sell. Once they purchase, they either take it with them or you can deliver it, if you want, so no shipping. I know several people who have sold things this way.

If you are concerned with safety issues, if someone wants to look at the items, you can arrange to meet them in a public place, and bring the items with you. No one needs to know where you live, which I guess is good too. That way they can't return the items if they change their mind later on. lol

Craigslist (I love craigslist!), ebay, take an ad out in your local paper, some stores let you post up flyers, and check out your local auction houses there you can put a certain limit on it and if it don't reach that limit it will not be sold. Good Luck!

Email and ask them about it. I personally sold them my wedding set that I had had since the early 70's. They bought the whole 12 pc place setting set from me with no questions asked - I was very, very pleased.

I talked to a guy at a garage sale once who had a set of fine china that he sold. He was going to sell it as a set, but was advised to sell it on eBay one piece at a time. He said he got $400-$500 for the set. Other words, he said if you sell it a piece at a time, you can sometimes get much more money for it.

That is a great idea, Amuck. Can't do that with the china though, it is 104 pieces. But I will use your advice in the future. Ebay just seems like more of a hassle than what it it worth.

Thanks Noella...good advice.

China tea cups
Selling Fine China
Budget & Finance Making MoneyApril 4, 2009
Online Shopping
Selling Crafts Online
Antique China Cups and Saucers
Uses for Antique China
China tea cup and saucer with floral pattern.
Cleaning Fine China Dishes
China Cup and Saucer
Appraising China