Snake Repellents

What kind of acid or chemicals can be used to avoid snakes?

By vishnunathgouda from India

Moth balls will work, good luck.

Moth balls don't work. Critters just move them out of the way or go around them. Out in the open the moth balls melt quickly. I don't know why folks think moth balls will deter animals. I don't know of any treatment that will clear your property of snakes.

A few weeks ago, we found snakes in our yard after 33 years of being snake free. I am so afraid of snakes and was a nervous wreck every time I opened my front door! I have since quit planting in my yard and will now only plant flowers on my 2nd level deck. After some internet research, we purchased Dr. T's Snake Away, available at Lowes and Home Depot. It smells like mothballs but is in a granular form. Haven't seen any snakes for two weeks (which makes me very, very happy). Some reviews say it works, some say it doesn't. But, for my own sanity, I have to keep telling myself Dr. T's is working just fine.

I once heard an old timer say that in olden days folks would burn an all leather shoe to chase snakes away. Granted in today's world that would be an awful expensive deterrent, but if you have an old pair it may be worth trying! Just make sure to remove any man made materials like rubber soles.

Snake coiled in an evergreen tree.
Getting Rid of Snakes
Home and Garden Pest Control SnakesJune 15, 2010
Homemade Bee Repellents
Copperhead snake against a white background
Keeping Copperhead Snakes Out of Your Yard
Black and White Eastern Kingsnake
Kingsnake Information and Photos
copperhead snake
What Kind of Snake is This?