Skillet Pan Pizza

This pizza recipe is great! Kids love it and a lot of the spices you should already have so it is economical. I have found however that you really do not need the amount of pepperoni they say you need in recipes but, if you love pepperoni, you just might want to add the amounts called for! I also want to add it is a lot easier then it looks and smells delicious as it bakes so everyone will be starved by the time this is done. You can also add a salad (antipasto or garden salad). To make it easier, just buy the all ready made pizza sauces at the store.

You will need either a cast iron skillet or one that has handles you can remove and use in the oven. I have used both in baking before. I use the large skillet (cast iron) or 2 medium sizes.

• 2 Tbsp. butter
  • 1 2/3 cups flour
  • 2 tsp. sugar
  • 2 tsp. baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp. salt (may be omitted)
  • 2/3 cup milk (can use skim)

• 1 8 oz. can tomato sauce
  • 6 oz. tomato paste
  • 1 tsp. basil
  • 1/2 tsp. oregano
  • 1/2 tsp. fresh garlic or garlic powder

• 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella
  • 2 cups pepperoni
  • 1 cup sliced mushrooms, olives or whatever else you use for a topping

Preheat oven (425 degrees F). In skillet, melt butter (3-4 minutes). Stir together in bowl the crust ingredients. Add milk until moistened.

On floured surface, knead till smooth (about 1 minute). Press dough on bottom and halfway up the sides of skillet. Bake 10 minutes.

Then spread sauce mixture on partially baked shell. Sprinkle with cheese and what ever else you have decided to put on your pizza. Bake 15-20 minutes more.

Delicious! I really hope you try this as it is so good! Happy eating!

Source: Cook book. I do not remember which one.

By Darlene from Fairview, PA

Sounds good! I can't wait to make this for my family!

I do something similar only I use.

9x13 cake pan

use some Pam on the pan

and use 2 cups of Bisquick and 1/2 cup of water

cookie sheet and 3 cups of Bisquick and 3/4 c. water

cover with spagetti sauce and add what you want on top, sometimes I use other than regular pizza toppings - left over chilli or taco meat - try something different

450 degrees - bake about 15/20 min

tegas (38) Thanks for the idea but I was thinking of taking Wegmans pizza crust, which is really delicious and rolling it out and trying it your way. Thanks for the idea! Darlene

Food and Recipes Recipes PizzaFebruary 16, 2009
A yeast free cheese pizza.
No Yeast Pizza Dough Recipes
Man Kneading Pizza Dough
Freezing Pizza Dough
A woman kneading pizza dough.
Homemade Pizza Dough Recipes
Illustration of two kids in costumes.  A witch and a pirate.
Making a Peter Pan Costume