Home Remedies for Kidney Stones

My dad has more than 8 kidney stones in both kidneys right now. We just found out from the doctor. He has been in pain for more than 2 weeks now. It is a stabbing pain. Does anyone have any home remedies I can try giving him? If so please let me know!
Thank you.

By Zareena from Alpharetta, GA

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

I've had three different bouts of kidney stones over the last 15 years. For the first two times, I ended up having to have surgery. Doctors went up with a "basket", busted them up, and brought them out. For the third time, I was fortunate enough to take a medicine called Urogesic Blue. It relaxes the urinary tract. I started taking it one morning and flushed myself with water all day. I passed the stone at 5pm that evening.

Prayers to your dad! Kidney stone pain is worse than childbirth. I had my first stone 3 months after my child was born...I would have much rather delivered another baby!

http://kidney.niddk.nih.gov/Kudiseases/pubs/stonesadults/

http://kidney.niddk.nih.gov/Kudiseases/pubs/stones_ez/

My husband has been plagued with kidney stones for the last few years. So I had saved the above website in my favorites. Please read over the website and it will give you a list of foods to avoid if a person has kidney stones. My husband can still eat these foods, but he has to limit himself.

Hulda Clark has a website she offers a homemade drink, but you need to follow it to the "t" and it's pretty severe, but claims to work using the olive oil mixture.

Google remedy of olive oil and lemon juice. It works. Bust up stones to sand. Dad can pee into a nylon and see the busted up stones.

Here is a remedy I just read about in Midwifery Today. It talks mostly about UTIs, but mentions that it dissolves kidney stones too.

Drinking parsley tea is a great way to help stamp out urinary tract infections (UTIs). Rinse one bunch of parsley with cold water; place it in a glass bowl and pour boiling water over it. Put a plate on top of the bowl and allow the tea to steep for 30 minutes. Remove the parsley from the bowl. Add honey to the tea if needed to mask the taste. Drink the tea, hot or cold, regularly during an 8-hour period. It will flush out a UTI and even dissolve kidney stones. In 27 years, I have seen no adverse side effects from the use of this tea. If the urine of a woman with a UTI were cultured, it is most likely that E. coli would be discovered. Women should wipe their privates from front to back to help avoid this problem.

Joan M. Dolan

Tricks of the Trade, Midwifery Today, Issue 64

Consume 12 ozs of beer. Best wishes.

My husband has gotten kidney stones and the fastest, most complete relief came from a product at the healthy habits nutrition store. It is a liquid called Chanca Piedra by Raintree Nutrition. Perhaps a local herb or nutrition/health store will have this. I know this isn't homemade, but it is a powerful and fast remedy. God bless, I know he is hurting.

Just read a book that says that visualization works great. First count backwards from 100 to 1. Then start to visualize the stones in your body and the white blood cells attacking them. See the stones getting smaller and smaller with each attack. Now you can see the attack as one with swords or a light saber like in Star Wars. What is important is that you see the results of the attack on the stones.

Do a google search on The Silva Method.

Karyn

I had a kidney stone the size of a 50cent piece of course I had to have it removed, but there remained pieces I refused to have surgery again. I had a wonderful urologist and he understood,so he told me to drink all the lime juice I could. Not limeade, lime juice. Within a few days I passed all the stones.I understand it is very painful for men my heart goes out to your father.Some of the other suggestions given to you sound real good as well. God bless.

85% of kidney stones are crystallized acids with sharp points, such as Uric Acid or Calcium Oxalate stuck in one of the 2 narrow renal tubes connecting kidneys with the bladder. They will give you periodic pain attacks on the lower left or right side of your backbone. The acid crystals cannot dissolve as long as your urine is acid and therefore you need to buffer your urine to lower its acidity. 2 agents will do that well enough to have the stones dissolve to the size of coarse sand and come out. Take one heaping teaspoon of Bicarbonate of Soda with lots of water.

I have dealt with kidney stones several times over the years. The best home remedy I have found is :

6 oz. pure pineapple juice, mixed with 6 oz. tonic water

Pinch of ground nutmeg

Pinch of ground cinnamon

Mix juice and tonic water, lick the palm of your hand. Put a pinch of cinnamon, and a pinch of nutmeg on your palm. Lick this off your hand, then wash it down with juice mix. The tonic water will relax the stomach muscles, The pineapple juice will cleanse the kidney. The cinnamon helps with infection, and the nutmeg will soften and help break up the stone. Do this a few times a day. The stone will break up and pass easily within 1-3 days normally.

from G-dog

I had two kidney stones that were large enough that my urologist didn't think that I could pass them but he sent me home with a strainer to strain my urine with and had me schedule an appt with him for two weeks later. I started researching ways to dissolve kidney stones and started my regime right away.

Every night before bed, I would bring a cup of filtered water just to a boil on top of my stove. I then poured it into a mug and added 2 tablespoons of Bragg's Organic Apple Cider Vinegar ("with the mother" on the label), 1 to 2 tablespoons of local honey and 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon. I drank this every night before bed for the two weeks prior to my next doctors visit.

While it didn't appear that I was passing any stones in those two weeks, I did notice very fine flecks of something white in the strainer that kind of resembled dandruff...but I didn't think anything about it. I visited my urologist two weeks later and he asked me if I had passed the stones...and I told him that I hadn't.

He then recommended surgery and told me to set up an appt. with his office secretary. While setting up my appointment, the doctor came up to me and asked if I would like to get an X ray to see if the stones had moved down at all. Reluctantly, I agreed.

Thank God I did agree to it because the X ray showed that BOTH kidney stones were completely GONE! I prayed to God those two weeks and drank the apple cider vinegar/honey/cinnamon concoction faithfully. I honestly believe that God led me to this drink in order to heal me! That was three years ago and I haven't had a reoccurrence yet.

This would probably be good to drink once a year for two weeks in order to dissolve any small kidney stones that may unknowingly be forming. At first I didn't care for the drink but after a few days, I developed a taste for it and actually ended up liking it. It tastes a lot like warm apple cider. I pray that this works for others like it did for me!

Answer

Health & Beauty Home RemediesJanuary 4, 2011
Hypertufa Stepping Stones
Making Hypertufa Stepping Stones
Stepping Ston With "Sheri's Garden" on it
Homemade Stepping Stones
Homemade Dog Food
Homemade Food for Dog with Kidney Disease
Kidney Bean Salad
Kidney Bean Salad Recipes
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on May 20, 2016 at 11:24:13 AM on 10.0.1.206 in 824 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.