Home Remedies for Kidney Stones

If you choose not to use prescription medications or surgery for kidney stones, there are some home remedies that might help. This is a guide about home remedies for kidney stones.

March 19, 2014 Flag

I an 37. I have a stone in both kidneys, that is the size of a little bug like 3cm. So now what can I do?

By morshed

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Best Answer

Drink lemonade. When my grandsons had them I was told to feed them asparagus and Coke. They really did pass them doing that. But drink lemonade everyday.

Best Answer

My urologist told me to drink lots of limeade I purchased frozen at the grocers mixed it drank about 2 quarts a day. The other answer said lemonade sure it is the same principal.

Trust us.. It works. onniejoe

Best Answer

My husband gets the oxilate type of kidney stone. I went to our health food store and they suggested that he use marshmallow extract and hydrangea extract. Worked wonders. One breaks it up and softens it. So now when he thinks he's got another one he starts taking those herbs and nips it in the bud before it gets bad...

Maybe nothing, depending upon where the stone is located in your kidney. I have 2 stones that I've had for about 15 years. They don't move, I have no pain and no symptoms. I've never passed one. Don't get dehydrated.

January 4, 2011 Flag

My dad has more than 8 kidney stones in both kidneys right now. We just found out from the doctor. He has been in pain for more than 2 weeks now. It is a stabbing pain. Does anyone have any home remedies I can try giving him? If so please let me know!
Thank you.

By Zareena from Alpharetta, GA

Google remedy of olive oil and lemon juice. It works. Bust up stones to sand. Dad can pee into a nylon and see the busted up stones.

Here is a remedy I just read about in Midwifery Today. It talks mostly about UTIs, but mentions that it dissolves kidney stones too.

Drinking parsley tea is a great way to help stamp out urinary tract infections (UTIs). Rinse one bunch of parsley with cold water; place it in a glass bowl and pour boiling water over it. Put a plate on top of the bowl and allow the tea to steep for 30 minutes. Remove the parsley from the bowl. Add honey to the tea if needed to mask the taste. Drink the tea, hot or cold, regularly during an 8-hour period. It will flush out a UTI and even dissolve kidney stones. In 27 years, I have seen no adverse side effects from the use of this tea. If the urine of a woman with a UTI were cultured, it is most likely that E. coli would be discovered. Women should wipe their privates from front to back to help avoid this problem.

Joan M. Dolan

Tricks of the Trade, Midwifery Today, Issue 64

My husband has gotten kidney stones and the fastest, most complete relief came from a product at the healthy habits nutrition store. It is a liquid called Chanca Piedra by Raintree Nutrition. Perhaps a local herb or nutrition/health store will have this. I know this isn't homemade, but it is a powerful and fast remedy. God bless, I know he is hurting.

Just read a book that says that visualization works great. First count backwards from 100 to 1. Then start to visualize the stones in your body and the white blood cells attacking them. See the stones getting smaller and smaller with each attack. Now you can see the attack as one with swords or a light saber like in Star Wars. What is important is that you see the results of the attack on the stones.

Do a google search on The Silva Method.

Karyn

I had a kidney stone the size of a 50cent piece of course I had to have it removed, but there remained pieces I refused to have surgery again. I had a wonderful urologist and he understood,so he told me to drink all the lime juice I could. Not limeade, lime juice. Within a few days I passed all the stones.I understand it is very painful for men my heart goes out to your father.Some of the other suggestions given to you sound real good as well. God bless.

85% of kidney stones are crystallized acids with sharp points, such as Uric Acid or Calcium Oxalate stuck in one of the 2 narrow renal tubes connecting kidneys with the bladder. They will give you periodic pain attacks on the lower left or right side of your backbone. The acid crystals cannot dissolve as long as your urine is acid and therefore you need to buffer your urine to lower its acidity. 2 agents will do that well enough to have the stones dissolve to the size of coarse sand and come out. Take one heaping teaspoon of Bicarbonate of Soda with lots of water.

I have dealt with kidney stones several times over the years. The best home remedy I have found is :

6 oz. pure pineapple juice, mixed with 6 oz. tonic water

Pinch of ground nutmeg

Pinch of ground cinnamon

Mix juice and tonic water, lick the palm of your hand. Put a pinch of cinnamon, and a pinch of nutmeg on your palm. Lick this off your hand, then wash it down with juice mix. The tonic water will relax the stomach muscles, The pineapple juice will cleanse the kidney. The cinnamon helps with infection, and the nutmeg will soften and help break up the stone. Do this a few times a day. The stone will break up and pass easily within 1-3 days normally.

from G-dog

I had two kidney stones that were large enough that my urologist didn't think that I could pass them but he sent me home with a strainer to strain my urine with and had me schedule an appt with him for two weeks later. I started researching ways to dissolve kidney stones and started my regime right away.

Every night before bed, I would bring a cup of filtered water just to a boil on top of my stove. I then poured it into a mug and added 2 tablespoons of Bragg's Organic Apple Cider Vinegar ("with the mother" on the label), 1 to 2 tablespoons of local honey and 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon. I drank this every night before bed for the two weeks prior to my next doctors visit.

While it didn't appear that I was passing any stones in those two weeks, I did notice very fine flecks of something white in the strainer that kind of resembled dandruff...but I didn't think anything about it. I visited my urologist two weeks later and he asked me if I had passed the stones...and I told him that I hadn't.

He then recommended surgery and told me to set up an appt. with his office secretary. While setting up my appointment, the doctor came up to me and asked if I would like to get an X ray to see if the stones had moved down at all. Reluctantly, I agreed.

Thank God I did agree to it because the X ray showed that BOTH kidney stones were completely GONE! I prayed to God those two weeks and drank the apple cider vinegar/honey/cinnamon concoction faithfully. I honestly believe that God led me to this drink in order to heal me! That was three years ago and I haven't had a reoccurrence yet.

This would probably be good to drink once a year for two weeks in order to dissolve any small kidney stones that may unknowingly be forming. At first I didn't care for the drink but after a few days, I developed a taste for it and actually ended up liking it. It tastes a lot like warm apple cider. I pray that this works for others like it did for me!

Friuts-Pomogranats Pineapple,Grapes,

Vegetables-Ladesfinger,

Dal-Balry rooti or barly water.

Herbal Remedy-5 to 7 Tulasi leaves soak over night in glass of water add honey and take early morning empty stomach.

If stones are more or stones are forming again and again take Punarnava leaves decashan or punarnava tablets.

I can vouch for this mix. I use 1/2 the same amount of the pineapple juice and 1/2 the amount of tonic water. I soak in very warm water in the tub while on my side that is causing pain. Has worked last 5 yrs.

July 26, 2010 Flag

Does anyone have any good suggestions on how to get rid of or prevent kidney stones? My Chiropractor of all people is who found that I had a kidney stone! After that I went to the emergency room because I have no insurance. They ran all kinds of expensive tests (over $2000) and said "You have a kidney stone and a gall stone". They gave me 3 prescriptions for pain pills and sent me home. It's no wonder people get addicted to pain killers!

That was last August and I have been in pain since then. The only thing that seemed to help was drinking cranberry juice. I found the next best thing at Wal-Mart, concentrated cranberry pills. They worked for a while, but now the pain is back even when I take the pills. I'm on my 4th bottle now and take 6 cranberry pills a day. I still have a lot of pain. Is there anything that would help besides pain pills?

luv2craft from Normalville, PA

Answers:

Home Remedies for Kidney Stones

There is a natural remedy for getting rid of kidney stones. For two days, drink nothing, but apple juice, then at the end of two days drink 6 ounces of olive oil and 6 ounces of pure lemon juice, separately or combined, doesn't matter. I spoke with a friend who did this and it really worked. She was amazed at what she found. Good luck to you and God bless. (05/03/2006)

By Jean

Home Remedies for Kidney Stones

If you're in that much pain and the cranberry pills aren't working, maybe it's not the kidney stones causing the pain. Maybe it's the gallstones. You should have passed the kidney stone a long time ago. As far as I know the only cure for gallstones is surgery. If a stone clogs a duct you could be in serious trouble. I suggest you have it checked immediately. (05/04/2006)

By Cheryl from MO

Home Remedies for Kidney Stones

First you don't have to have insurance to go to a doctor most will work with you if you need to be seen. Second I would go to a doctor and find out what you can do. Drinking lots and lots of water would be a start. (05/04/2006)

By Sandy

Home Remedies for Kidney Stones

For one, change your diet to as close to nature as possible. Eliminate all the garbage food. As Jean posted above there are many wonderful "do it yourself" remedies, but educate yourself first and of course it is always good to start with a clean body meaning don't try to detox an overloaded system. Checkout curezone.com for one place, for some wonderful info.
Good luck and all the best to you! (05/04/2006)

By Tone

Home Remedies for Kidney Stones

I have had kidney stones for several years and have had them surgically removed and then lithrotripsy 3 times.
First the urologist had me drinking 16 oz of lemonade a day which did help and now I take a prescription called Urocit-K which has really helped to break the stones up and prevent more. It's a very painful problem. Don't put off finding out what the pain is really from as it could cause you many more problems. Good luck to you. (05/04/2006)

By Babsy

Home Remedies for Kidney Stones

From an old retired nurse. Please DO NOT follow Jean's advice with gall stones. The olive oil causes contractions in the bile duct, the pain is to die for. It would be OK if you only had kidney stones.
Good luck to you. (05/04/2006)

By Judy

Home Remedies for Kidney Stones

You do need to get to the doctor to determine if anything needs to be removed. As expensive and difficult as it is to do this, it's better than getting a more serious condition from letting something go. I had severe pain last year for an entire day and night and went to the E.R. I had a blocked gall bladder duct from some large stones that had to be surgically removed. If I had let it go, it could have poisoned my system if something burst.

As for the kidney stones, my husband has had several. Drinking soda is supposed to be detrimental, and his doctor told him to avoid salty snacks. He has had some removed surgically as well as lithotripsy, but the past few he has been able to pass on his own in a couple of days after drinking plenty of water. Kidney stones, left untreated, can also cause problems if they were to block off the urine flow and cause actual kidney problems.

Again, as difficult as it is to think of paying those bills, you do need to be seen by a doctor.

Trudy (05/05/2006)

By Trudy

Home Remedies for Kidney Stones

Try making a tea out of watermelon seeds. You just simmer the seeds in water until it starts to turn the water to color. Cool and add some sugar if you like. My husband found that it was difficult to drink without some sweetener. You make want to drink it hot like hot tea. I keep watermelon seeds in the freezer every summer to make sure I have some on hand all the time.

This was given to me by an elderly lady that said her family always used this for kidney stones. Hope this will help. Also see a Dr. if needed. My husband did see a Dr. and this tea helped better than what the Dr. gave him.
(05/05/2006)

By Pat437

Home Remedies for Kidney Stones

Thanks everyone who gave me suggestions on how to get rid of my stone.

I went to the free clinic 2 weeks ago and the doctor said that I had an infection. She put me on an antibiotic and the pain seemed to ease. She said that I had bacteria and blood in my urine. Last week she said that the infection was gone, but I still had a lot of blood in my urine. She sent me for blood work and an IVP (where they put dye in your veins and then X-ray the kidneys). They said that the kidneys are functioning fine, but I was allergic to the dye and got a couple of hives from it.

The doctor said yesterday that I have a kidney stone the size of a quarter that is too large to pass so I will probably have to have surgery.

Thanks again everybody. This probably won't be my last kidney stone so I'll use your home remedies next time I have a stone.

(05/19/2006)

By luv2craft

Home Remedies for Kidney Stones

Go to; jumpandbump.com and follow the instructions to rid yourself of stones. Also, join the excellent support group http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/Kidney-Stones-Group/?yguid=265633600

Best to you.
(05/27/2006)

By Jim in Jax

Home Remedies for Kidney Stones

I was having a terrible time with stones. If you have the oxolate type of stone this should work. If you have calcium stones look elsewhere. Take 250 mg magnesium oxide and 200 mg of vitamin B 6 every day with a glass of water every day. These are "over the counter" products. Drink a reasonable amount of water every day. Stay away from oxolate derived foods like spinach, beets, etc.

The magnesium will dissolve the stones and the B-6 will lower the acid in the urine that causes the stone to form. You should notice tiny bits of the stone in gravel form exiting your urethra within a week. These are good sources of vitamins and minerals that your body uses anyway. This info came from a chiropractic source back in the 70s and has worked for me. (05/18/2007)

By Dennis

Home Remedies for Kidney Stones

When I had kidney stones my doctor told me one way to ensure that they never return is to drink a half gallon (64 oz) of water per day. I got my stones from taking calcium pills. Hope this helps. (05/01/2008)

By Cynthia

Home Remedies for Kidney Stones

I am a sufferer of kidney stones. I currently have one that is trying to pass and causing a great deal of pain. The last time I had a stone (7 years ago) I had to have it physically removed by a urologist. It was such torture, but once it was out I could get back to my normal life. I would suggest you see a urologist as soon as possible. There are tests that can be run, but if you're certain you have them and you're still in pain after all this time I would definitely seek the attention of a specialist. Kidneys are such vital organs and the longer you put off taking care of the stones the more damage occurs. Please take care of yourself and let us know your prognosis. (07/08/2008)

By Debbie

Home Remedies for Kidney Stones

Queries at dissolvekidneystonesfromayurveda.com

I have suffered from kidney stones for 2 years really bad pain. I went on a search and found the most wonderful place in India. The above address. It is run by an 86 year old man and his 45 yr old son and they have been dissolving stones for over 30 years. I started the medicine which is herbs and minerals. It took 2 and one half weeks after medicine I still had pain while they shrunk.

I have no pain at all their price $50.00 for a huge amount that lasts 6 weeks this is sent from God. His name is Mahadev Patil and you are welcome to pull up his site and tell him I gave a testimony. No pain for once they are gone. Please pass to others to help them I am one thankful woman. (08/28/2008)

By Suzanne

Well I have finally reached the desperate point. Tried it all. No changes. Still in pain.

If it were this easy a lot of urologist out of the business.

January 4, 2011 Flag

How often are you supposed to drink the lemon juice and olive oil to help get rid of kidney stone pain?

Health & Beauty Home RemediesJune 14, 2016
Hypertufa Stepping Stones
Making Hypertufa Stepping Stones
Picture of a kidney containing kidney stones
Preventing and Eliminating Kidney Stones
Homemade Dog Food
Homemade Food for Dog with Kidney Disease
Kidney Bean Salad
Kidney Bean Salad Recipes
🎉
🎄