Quartz Vs. Granite Countertops

We are considering replacing our kitchen countertops with either quartz or granite. Would any of you please tell me pros and cons of the two?

By Carla from Greensboro, NC

Quartz, I believe is "soft" mineral rock, and would marr much easier than granite. Also, I would suggest that you find out how to clean the quartz as it may be very much effected by chemicals. Good Luck, Hedera

Granite if nice, but you will find it always looks wet. This drove me crazy in my kitchen, and it's very expensive. If you are kind to your house, I think that Quartz is just as durable. Good luck, Sandi

Neither! From personal experience I hate both of them. Granite has to be pampered. There are so many household items/chemicals that will ruin the finish. I have it in my bathrooms and in 3 years have had to have it refinished twice. The Quartz can't withstand bangs and hits. If you have children, pets, or even a slightly clumsy husband, then go with a manufactured finish like Corion. You can pick out something that is just as beautiful as granite and will still be in good shape in 20 years.

Granite Countertop
Choosing Granite Countertops
Home and Garden Home Improvement AdviceSeptember 21, 2009
Removing Stains from Granite, Granite Kitchen Counter and Stainless Sink
Removing Stains from Granite
A nice kitchen with granite countertops and white cabinets.
Coordinating Granite Countertops With Kitchen Cabinets
Cleaning Granite Countertops
Cleaning Granite Countertops
Cleaning Silestone (Quartz) Countertop
Cleaning Silestone (Quartz) Countertop
🎉
🎄