Cleaning Silestone (Quartz) Countertop

Silestone or quartz countertops are a popular option for the homeowner that wants to install stone counters. Using the proper cleaning method and products will keep your countertops looking new. This is a guide about cleaning Silestone (quartz) countertop.

When they put in our new countertop they left some glue or epoxy in different spots. How would I get this off?

Answers

I suggest that you contact the company that installed your counter top to remove the glue, epoxy, etc. It is the company's responsibility to fix any problems resulting from the installation.

We had some superglue spots on our dark grey quartz counter top. I used Goof Off towels to try and remove them. Well the towels didn't work, instead the counter top is slightly lighter in the spots where I used the Goof Off. Is there anything that I can do to fix this?

By Ryan K.

Answers

Basically the only thing you can try now is to clean the countertop with a vinegar and water solution. This is the only solution you should use on quartz countertop to not damage them.

Next time you have super glue on them mix a paste using vinegar and baking soda. Apply this to the glue and gently rub it off.

I have a quartz countertop with what looks like stains on it. Although it is dull black, after cleaning it I still see streaks. Help, please.

By Peggy from Tidewater, VA

Answers

Step 1 Wash the quartz surface thoroughly with warm water and soap, any other mild household cleaner (like Fantastik or 409) or even a surface cleaner like Windex. To apply the cleaner, use a soft cloth or sponge.

Step 2 Rinse the entire surface thoroughly to adequately clean your quartz countertop. If you leave any cleaner or soap on the countertops, you will see streaks.

Step 3 Pat the surface dry after cleaning. If there are streaks, wash the area with water.
good luck.

What is the best product to clean Silestone countertops? I understand anything with bleach is not good, however, can Mr. Clean liquid cleaner be used or Cinch spray cleaner?

By Sharon

I have Silestone countertops in Brazilian brown. Two flashlight batteries were on the counter and leaked causing two lighter spots. Is there anything I can do to darken these spots so I don't have to replace a huge piece of Silestone and then replace tile backsplash. Thanks.

By Kay Milton from Charleston