Make Your Own Dog Chews

Here is a recipe to make your own dog chews.

• pig ears
  • 1 cup olive oil or vegetable oil
  • instant bouillon granules
  • Ad
  • salt (optional)

Pig ears are often available at Asian, Mexican, or local butcher markets. Clean them under running tap water, scrubbing well. A little soap wouldn't hurt, but rinse well.

Beware! Ears and skin is very hard to cut up! Using a pair of sharp, sturdy kitchen scissors, or sharp butcher knife, cut the ears into the size you need. As an example: I have a Lab and I cut in half, or for a Jack Russell I cut in 4. It depends on the dog! These are not good for puppies under 8 weeks. They are good for teething pups after 8 weeks!

Dip or brush each piece of ear with oil, then place them on a baking sheet. As a special treat, you can use peanut oil or coconut oil. When all ear pieces are dipped or brushed, sprinkle with bouillon powder.

Optional a "little" bit of salt over the sheet's contents. Be careful not to over salt them!

Bake the pieces in the oven at a low 250 degrees F. for five or six hours. Drain well on paper towels. They will be greasy!

Feed in moderation. Your babies will love you for this!

By Gogalyboo from Auburn Hills, MI

Puppy with pig ear chews.

Fantastic idea! So glad you said where to buy pigs ears, since that was my first question. My two dogs will love this! Thanks!

Thank you for sharing. What is the cost of pig ears?

Puppy with pig ear chews.
Homemade Dog Chews
Pets Dogs Dog Food RecipesMarch 24, 2009
Aggressive Dog
Dog is Aggressive Towards Other Resident Dogs
A dog in a crate
Dealing With a Dog That Chews
Illustration of two kids in costumes.  A witch and a pirate.
Making a Dog the Bounty Hunter Costume
Dog Peeing on Another Dog
Dog Peeing on Another Dog