Vaseline Stains on Clothing

How do you get a Vaseline (regular) stain out of clothing? I would like to know what pre-treatment is necessary before washing.

Wendy from Georgia

Best Answer

Dawn dishwashing liquid works well. I've also had good luck with Shout removing most grease type stains. If it doesn't come out the first time, just repeat as above.

I have a gray hoddie that got a vaseline stain at school. I was sitting and I felt something in the desk it was vaseline. So I bought some dawn and it worked.

I have never actually tried this for Vaseline, but I have gotten many very stubborn stains, including lipstick, grass stains, and black grease from a car by wetting the stain with cold water and rubbing it down really good with a bar of Ivory soap....let it sit for a long while before washing as usual. If it is a really bad stain, it might take more than one treatment. I like this much better than spray and wash. Works great on baby formula stains too.

October 8, 2008 Flag

I need to get out some Vaseline from a previous washed and dried cotton blue outfit. This is an 1 piece outfit from Gymboree. He was playing with a tube of Petroleum Jelly.

Monica West from Macon, GA

Answers:

Vaseline Stains on Clothing

I've had really good luck using Dawn to cut any greasy stain. Just rub it in and allow to set a while before laundering. If it doesn't work, you can still us it to do dishes, so no money will be wasted. I also use it instead of Woolite for delicates. (06/08/2007)

By susanmajp

Vaseline Stains on Clothing

WD-40, then Ultra dawn, then regular wash. Rinse well. Wash twice if necessary. Spray outside. The ingredient is Fish OIL which gets out most anything

oily/greasy. Good luck and God bless you. : ) (06/26/2007)

By Lynda

June 6, 2007 Flag

I work in a nursing home and get Vaseline type substance on my uniform. It looks like a grease mark. To get it out of clothes use scrubbing bubbles to pretreat then wash as usual, gets stain out lickity split!

By Stardaze from Buffalo NY

More Answers:

Getting Vaseline Stains out of Laundry

I found a cleaner at the dollar store called awesome cleaner, so far it has worked better on laundry than many spray and wash type products. Mean Green is also a good one.(02/20/2006)

By Shirley

getting red ink out of blouse

If you take an old towel and put it under the garment and then spray it with hair spray until it is gone. Keep blotting with towel and changing area so as not to get any back on the garment. Then spray with Shout and laundry as usual. (08/04/2006)

By Kay Kinderman

Getting Vaseline Stains out of Laundry

Cornstarch works for getting Vaseline out of hair. Two of my kids just recently coated each other's hair with vaseline and cornstarch was the only thing that worked. I had to treat my daughter's hair three times (long hair) and my son's twice but it worked. Haven't tried cleaning their clothes yet. (03/22/2007)

By Granny

Getting Vaseline Stains out of Laundry

"GOOP" hand cleaner removes 'grease' or oil type stains from clothing & fabrics. I agree with the writer that say's: "Awesome" (from the dollar store) is a totally awesome cleaner, & thank you for the hint of using "Scrubbing Bubbles" bathroom cleaner to remove Vaseline from clothing, I bet it would also work for other oil's & maybe even remove grease too!

(03/22/2007)

By Cyinda

Vaseline
Removing Vaseline Stains
Home and Garden Cleaning LaundryOctober 8, 2008
sweat stain on dark clothing
Removing Underarm Sweat Stains from Clothing
Man Holding Burger with Mustard Stain on his Tie
Removing Mustard Stains from Clothing
Baby being fed with formula.
Removing Baby Formula Stains from Clothing
sweat stain on dark clothing
Perspiration Stains on Dark Clothing
🎉
🎄