Use Vaseline for Young Looking Skin

Category Skin Care
Vaseline, when used in moderation, can help keep your skin moisturized which will aid in reducing the appearance of wrinkles. This is a guide about use vaseline for young looking skin.

I have a friend who uses Vaseline on her face every night and has for many years, and she has very young looking skin. I'm trying that Moisture Therapy Intensive hand cream on my face and it seems to work. It's from Avon. I've heard also that some famous people also use Vaseline on their faces. Anything to ward off wrinkles is great!

By Mommashell39 from Hemet, CA

It's best to grow old gracefully. I just saw the end results of plastic surgery that was done on some famous people in Hollywood. They looked worse after the surgery.
You could not pay me, I would never go under the knife and have any plastic surgery done.

While I appreciate trying to grow old gracefully and keeping our skin hydrated (to help plump up the wrinkles that we can't stop). But you must have really dry skin in order for Vaseline or a like product, to not cause breakouts. Skin is an organ and it must breathe, Vaseline doesn't let it do that at all. We can use products to help soften the look of things but not stop anything.

#1 Thing we can do to prevent wrinkles, STAY OUT of the sun! And wear Sunscreen when you are.

I would use pure Lanolin (such as Lansinoh) or pure cold-pressed coconut oil, instead, because those do a superb job, and unlike Vaseline, are NOT putting petrochemicals on your skin. Petrochemicals do penetrate and enter the bloodstream. The coconut oil is exceptionally good and doesn't leave any stickiness like the lanolin.

While I would never have plastic surgery either, I also am an oudoor type person and cannot stay out of the sun! Although I do wear sunscreen, I think a lot of us would still like to try things that may help us put off looking older. People certainly have used worse products than vaseline to accomplish this! Besides, how many posts have there been about using Vaseline on rough hands and feet?