Soup Can Gift Loaf

A great tip for the holiday season. I am always having trouble finding small bread pans for gift loaves. My mother gave me the idea of using soup cans. Just wash good, remove the label, and spray with a bit of cooking spray. Fill can to 3/4 full and you have a great little loaf. I have used this to make pumpkin, banana, even mini cakes. Some cans have ridges on the interior and that mold comes out on the loaf, makes for easy uniform cutting. You can give them right in the can, decorate can after cooling, or they very easily slide right out.

By Melissa

Hello Melissa,

I know this can widely vary, but on average, how long do these take to cook?

Start with 20 min, then stick with a skewer to see how much longer it needs. Be sure the inside is done. It will vary according to recipe, size of can and oven temp.

Making Bread in a Can
Making Bread in a Can
Food and Recipes Food Tips BreadOctober 6, 2004
Fishing gear.
Making a Fishing Gift Basket
Grilled Meat Loaf
Grilled Meat Loaf Recipes
Bowl of cream of tomato soup garnished with chives.
Freezing Tomato Soup