Home Canned Cream of Chicken Soup Smells Bad

I canned cream of chicken soup with dry milk. When I opened a jar it tasted different and the smell was bad.

By estill from Cinncnnnati, OH

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

For what ever reason I wouldn't use it. Has it expired? If not I'd take it back to the store where I bought it.

Did you use a pressure canner? Were all the jar lids new? Did you check your seals when you were done? If you answered "no" to any of these questions, I wouldn't eat any of the soup you canned. If you did all of those, and followed the directions to a T, then maybe that one jar didn't seal well. Be careful with non-acid, home canned foods!

Food and Recipes Food Tips Food Safety AdviceOctober 17, 2010
Bowl of cream of tomato soup garnished with chives.
Freezing Tomato Soup
Campfire Chicken and Dumplings
Chicken and Dumpling Soup Recipes
Chicken and Rice Soup
Chicken and Rice Soup Recipes
Cute Little Girl in Chicken Costume
Making a Chicken Costume
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 16, 2017 at 3:26:41 PM on 10.0.2.254 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.