Wooden Pom Pom Maker

Does anyone have an old time Pom Pom maker, approx. 7 in. x 2 in.? It is made of wood, with 2 small dowels at either end. Between the dowels are sections of wood. Short pieces of yarn are inserted between the sections, long yarn wraps around dowels, then you pull yarn piece over to tie. When tied, a sharp knife cuts through the yarn between the same sections, creating the Pom Pom. I have used most of the new Pom makers and am not satisfied with any. This item would be circa 1950-1960's. If we can see a pic my husband can recreate. Thanks!

By Pomcrafty from Gainesville, FL

Have you possibly tried looking for one on ebay? You might be able to find one in a photo and enlarge it enough for your hubby to make you one. Hope this helps. Good luck!

like this one?

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=23107412

southeastgeorgiapeac - Thank you for your response. I had tried eBay and other online aucitons and websites. The one I remember is hard to describe. I sincerely appreciate your time and concern. Many thanks!

Dianamite - That's it! I can't thank you enough for helping me with this. I've honestly searched everywhere I could think of. I've watched my mother (now 82) and grandmother (passed) make so many beautiful rugs on that type. I even remember the rug backs, the outline was printed and tiny circles were where each pom went.

Thank you so very much, I can't explain what this means to me. :)

Yep, here it is, should be easy.

Homemade Tassel and Pom Pom Maker
Homemade Tassel and Pom Pom Maker
Crafts AdviceApril 27, 2009
Pom Pom Rug
Making a Pom Pom Rug
Coffe Maker
Cleaning a Drip Coffee Maker
Making a Pom Pom Blanket Loom
Making a Pom Pom Blanket Loom
Homemade yogurt in jars.
Using an EasiYo Yogurt Maker
🎉
🎄