Trying To Find Mosquito Fish

I need mosquito fish or some sort of carnivorous fish that will eat mosquito larvae. I'm having a lot of trouble finding a place to get them for my pond. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Angela

We just use feeder fish. They are basically slimmer goldfish and are very inexpensive.

Any kind of koi or goldfish will do.

I agree with previous posters. Just go to Walmart or some place that sells fish and buy the cheap little goldfish. They even live under frozen water through the winter.

Angela,

If you live in an area where you have a local mosquito control district you could obtain them for free. In fact they may even deliver them for free; save you some gas! If you look in the government pages in the phone book they would be listed there or call your local health department or ag dept and ask them for the number. I am assuming you live in the U.S.

In this area, Southern CA, the Vector Control agency gives them to you free.

I use guppies in my fishpond, they are the only ones that I know of that do not need water to circulate to stay alive! The breed like mad too - I started off with 10 two months ago, and now they're everwhere!

FAT HEAD MINNOWS.... WILL CLEAN THEM UP IN A DAY! THATS ALL I HAVE TO SAY

Consumer Advice Product FinderApril 21, 2008
Mosquito Repellant
Mosquito Repellent Reviews
Fish Buying Tips
Fish Buying Tips
Pop bottle fish with colorful streamers for its tail.
Making Pop Bottle Fish
Mosquito Repellant
Mosquito Repellent Reviews
🎉
🎄