Craft Organizer From Cat Food Bags

A while back a fellow TF reader mentioned making a organizer from a catfood bag. That got me going and here is the one I made. I turned mine wrong side out, measured up from the bottom the length I wanted my pockets, sewed a zigzag stitch across the bag on my sewing machine. Cut the front layer only. Be sure to cut through the folds in the sides, but not through the back.

Your larger items will fit in the side compartments and by sliding the folded pleat on the sides toward the center you can give your next compartment more room.

Next I turned my catfood bag and sewed lengthwise up to the cut. Then turn it back and sew across just above the cut. Repeat for each row. Slip a hanger in the top and sew it in. You could reinforce your horizontal seams with seam binding if you are putting heavy items in it.

By Ann from Loup City, NE

Good job.Thanks for sharing.

A thumbs up :-)

I would like to make a shoe holder out of one of my large size pedigree dog food bags. I am going to try it. I will have to sew by hand though. Thanks so much for inspiring me...I love recycling things, and this is a great way to do it! Robyn

I make other stuff as well with cat and dog food bags here is m page on face book. I do all kinds of stuff i like our art work feel free to post our art work to m page

Craft Organizer From Dog Food Bag
Making an Organizer from Pet Food Bags
Crafts Recycled Crafts OtherMarch 24, 2010
Oranges in Mesh Bag
Uses for Mesh Orange Bags
Sofa Organizer
Making a Sofa Organizer
Homemade Jewelry Organizer
Homemade Jewelry Organizer
Gift bag made out of a sugar bag craft
Craft Uses for Sugar Bags