Making a Crate Sofa - Categories:

FurnitureMake Your Own

Making a Crate Sofa

I'm in the process of building a crate style sofa. I have a major back and leg problem and this is the only style I can sit on and be comfortable. I have all the measurements for the outside frame, 76"L x 32"W x 25"H. However I don't have the seat height.

I built the whole living room set back in the 80's following a pattern from "This End Up". The seat cushions measure, 24"L x 29"D x 6"H, with the back cushions being 24"L x 15"D x 5 1/2"H. I was thinking 7 1/2 " from the bottom of the frame plus the 6" seat cushion would make it 13 1/2" high making the back cushion extend over and above the 25" frame by 3 1/2". Does that sound right?

If anyone in your group has a "This Ends Up" sofa and knows the exact seat height, I would appreciate them letting me know.

Sincerely,
Adriana from N.H.

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

I found two websites that might be helpful:

http://www.cratefurniture.com and http://www.thisendup.com

Good luck!

I was watching a program last evening that indicated that the perfect seat height is 19". Hope this helps.

Hi anyone??,,

I want to make a sofa, but i dont have any plans and dont no where to get them from.

Please help

Make Your Own FurnitureOctober 26, 2004
An adult dog in a crate.
Crate Training an Adult Dog
pug in a crate
Crate Training a Dog
puppy in crate
Puppy Pees in Crate
Dog Crate
Making a Dog Crate Cover
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on August 18, 2016 at 5:03:00 PM on 10.0.0.123 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.