Removing Sap from a Deck

How do I remove pine tree sap (already white - dry) from a wooden deck?

Once pine tree sap has harden on a surface it is extremely difficult to remove. Only way I can think of is to try and remove as much as you can with a razor blade and then sand the remainder. When pine tree sap first falls on a surface it is soft and that is the best time to wipe it up. Never park a car under a pine tree when the sap is flowing.

WD 40 won't work for pine sap.Strange as it seems DEEP WOODS OFF will remove pine sap from painted surfaces. It is the only thing that worked for my wife's car.

Unless your deck has a good finish; I would hesitate to use an oily product to remove it. You will end up with "wet" looking spots.

I think I would use a paint scraper, then lightly sand it. If your deck is stained, I would use the paint scraper, but be very careful not to scratch into the surface of the wood. If your deck is unsealed; I would lightly sand the entire surface and seal it, either with a transparent product, or use a stain. If you don't at least seal it, you'll really regret it in a year or two!

Thank you for all your suggestions. I've tried numerous ways - even the miracle "Goo Gone". I guess sanding will be what I'll wind up doing. Thanks again.

When I got back from visiting my boys who live in the pine country I had pine sap all over my car. When I got back I took a bucket of warm water and Dawn Dish Soap and a soft brush. First I soaked it waited a minute or two and the used the wet soft brush and it came right off.

How do I remove maple tree sap from a wooden painted deck?

How do I remove tree sap (white line tree) from a pressure treated wood deck. Sap is dry.

June 25, 2011 Flag

How do I remove pine sap from my wood deck?

By Donna

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Dawn dish detergent, and here is my reasoning. My black Lab lays under our pine tree and the sap falls off onto his back, not to mention how much he lays in it. I pour Dawn dish detergent directly on the sap and rub it for a few seconds then rinse the area and it is always gone! Dawn dish detergent is what they use to get oil out of the wildlife when there has been an oil spill. I would pour it directly on the sap then scrub it with a soft bristle brush and rinse. Please let me know how it works! Good luck!

June 16, 2013 Flag

How do I remove sap from a wooden deck?

By Dot C.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

March 29, 2012 Flag

How can I remove dried sap from a laminated deck? Nothing is working. I have tried Simple Green and many other products. I would appreciate any help.

By Sheila S from St Paul, MN

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

August 9, 2008 Flag

How to remove white pine sap from a newly stained, cedar deck?

John

Answers:

Removing Sap from a Deck

Did you try WD-40? (08/10/2004)

By truleelee

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Beautiful Cedar Deck
Removing Sap from a Deck
Home and Garden Cleaning MiscellaneousAugust 9, 2008
Water on Deck
Homemade Deck Cleaner Recipes
Sealing a Painted Deck
Sealing a Painted Deck
Man Pressure washing his Wood Deck
Cleaning a Wood Deck
Sap spot and cleaning supplies.
Removing Tree Sap on Microfiber
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 23, 2017 at 2:19:17 PM on 10.0.1.55 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.