Keeping Kittens from Climbing on Sofa

What is a good home remedy to keep two kittens from climbing on my sofas? Their little claws are making holes in the material and the store bought spray isn't working. Any suggestions?

By Jimmy from Johnson City, TN

I've trained every cat I've ever had with a good jet stream or two from a water bottle when I caught them doing something I didn't want them to. I don't say a word (so they won't associate me with the dreaded water), just spray them ;-) Only one of the cats had to be squirted more than a dozen times for any one particular no no before learning and that's because he was a stubborn cuss ;-)

Double sided tape

I would probably cover the couch and let them jump..but if you can train them to not jump on the couch that would be great too. Do they have a chair that is just their own..this might help them to know what to get on and what not to get on. Kittens and Cats just want to be close to you...I have one that sucks on my ear all the time, I have to keep its claws clipped or it will make holes in my neck with its often do you clip the nails..I wouldnt have the surgery done, it can have lots of complications. If you dont know already, it is easy to clilp a cats claws...hold it in your lap, take a little soft paw and softly squeeze the pads between yor finger and thumb..this will retract the claws..just clip off the tip and a tiny bit before that. I do this all the time with my cats..because they go out sometimes and they shed their claws a lot and they get sharper and sharper!

Pets CatsMay 24, 2010
Sofa Bed
Repairing a Sofa Bed Frame
Red Climbing Roses
Transplanting a Climbing Rose Plant
kitten with fleas
Getting Rid of Fleas on Kittens
White Climbing Roses
Growing Climbing Roses