Preserving Seeds From Butternut Squash

Instead of buying butternut squash seeds one year, I bought a butternut squash plant. I peeled it for cooking, opened it and saved the seeds. After 3 days of drying the seeds, I stuck them in a pot of damp soil in my kitchen window, and they sprouted quickly. Within 3 days they were 2 - 3 inches tall. I cooked the butternut squash and then planted the butternut seedlings outdoors. They send out large runners and a lot of big leaves, and at least in NY, we got quite a few butternuts at the end of August!

By Ema from Brooklyn, NY

I wash the seeds, then allow to dry on a paper towel. After several days I store them in small glass jars and label. Good luck.

Buttercup Squash
Preserving Seeds From Buttercup Squash
Home and Garden Gardening SeedsMay 21, 2010
Buttercup Squash
Growing Buttercup Squash
Pickled Pumpkin
Pickled Squash Recipes
basket of sweet potato squash
Growing Sweet Potato Squash (Delicata Squash)
summer squash
Drying Squash
🎄
🍂