Teeth and MouthBeauty Recipes

Natural Homemade Tooth Powder

I want to make my own tooth powder from natural ingredients. I would like this powder to be safe enough for everyday use. I would also like to use sage or the equivalent to whiten my teeth as well. I have often seen salt listed as an ingredient; I have also seen people in the dental world warn against the use of any salt because they say it causes microscopic abrasions in the tooth enamel. Is there a safe, homemade tooth powder that whitens, too, and can be used on a daily basis? All the best to everyone!

Newbie

I got tired of paying extra for whitening toothpastes. My dentist told me to use plain baking soda. I've been using it now for two years and my teeth are whiter than they've ever been. I'm a heavy tea drinker and a smoker, and since using the baking soda, I have very white teeth. Just wet your toothbrush and dip it into the soda and brush! You'll be amazed at the results in just a couple of days.

Just use a mixture of Baking soda and peroxide in the palm of your hand.

Dab it and go to work. This is thee greatest homemade toothpaste that I have ever use and you will notice a great difference after a week or two.

Eddie :) Maverick2842 @ sbcglobal.net (remove spaces)

*seconds SJackie* I do the exact same thing with baking soda twice a week. I don't do it every day because I really don't like the taste. I started doing it about two years ago because I was in college and couldn't afford to get my teeth cleaned as often as I was used to. I noticed the difference within a couple of weeks. My parents have been doing this for the past 15 years and both of them have beautiful NATURAL LOOKING white teeth.

Old Fashioned Tooth Powder

2 Tbsp dried lemon or orange rind

1/4 cup baking soda

2 Tsp salt

Place rinds in food processor, grind until peel becomes a fine powder. Add baking soda and salt then process a few seconds more until you have a fine powder. Store in an airtight tin or jar. Dip moistened toothbrush into mixture, brush as usual.

I don't think this recipe is safe for everyday use but I ensure you to use it twice a week.

you don't have to use salt if you don't wish for. I don't use salt because some people said it can cause tooth disease.

ah, finally! I found a safe tooth powder recipes on the net but not for everyday use I guess.

First, pluck some bay leaves in your garden or wherever and orange peel. Dry them in the sun.When they are dry completely, grind them in blender or grinder, Store in airtight container.

A very good, older dentist told my husband to mix a paste of a small amount of baking soda and a little peroxide and using a CHILD'S SOFT brush, gently brush his gums and each tooth. We both do this now and it's great. Our teeth are getting whiter and our gums are healthier... Leaves your mouth VERY fresh.

The best tooth powders are made from a mixture of rice husk ash, cinnamon powder and clove powder mixed with rock salt. This has been used for ages in India.

yeh u got that right,i personnaly thank u all for that great big help

I have been using baking soda for awhile, twice a day concentrating on stained areas with my electric toothbrush. It starts whitening and removing touch stains in a few days. I finish by mixing some hydrogen peroxide in with the baking soda and brushing with it for about a minute. My teeth always feel like I've had a professional cleaning,too.

I use baking soda ground sage orange peel lemon peel and a bit of peroxide. Works Great!