Homemade Tooth Powder

Most homemade tooth powder has baking soda as the main ingredient. It is a mild abrasive, so you may want to check with your dentist about how frequently to use it. This page contains several recipes for homemade tooth powder.

Would you like to stop putting harmful, unwanted chemicals into your body? Would you like to save loads of money every month? Well I did. Some of the ingredients in commercial oral care products are simply terrible for you! On the other hand, organic versions at health food stores are obscenely expensive.

The solution? For mere pennies and a few minutes, you can make your own. These smell absolutely delightful and refreshing. Now I have 2 things I didn't have before, peace of mind that we are being kind to our bodies and an extra (at least) $11.00 every month. I was getting my products at the dollar store, and still spending that much. Not anymore!

Try this please, you will be healthier and wealthier.

Total Time: A few minutes.

Yield: 2 bottles full

Source: Modified from recipes in a book called "Making It".

• water
  • baking soda
  • peppermint oil
  • tea tree oil
  • glass jars with lids
  • funnel

1. For the tooth powder, you will put 1/4 cup baking soda into a clean glass jar. I used an empty jelly jar. When you are making this for nearly nothing, why would you want to spend an arm and a leg on an expensive container?
  2. Advertisement

3. Add 20 drops pure peppermint oil.
  4. Mix well with a spoon.
  5. Place your lid on and you are done. To use, simply wet your toothbrush, scoop a generous amount onto it and scrub away!:) Rinse well after use.
  6. For the mouth rinse, you will put 1 cup water into a glass jar. Add 1 teaspoon baking soda, 4 drops of peppermint oil, and 2 drops of tea tree oil. (The tea tree oil makes the rinse more antiseptic.) Shake well and screw the lid on securely.
  7. Advertisement

8. I actually ended up pouring the rinse into a chili sauce bottle, I liked the shape.
  9. If you don't mind cooties from others who are sharing with you, just shake before use, take a swig and gargle. Rinse well after, of course. This is very refreshing! I decided to place a little stack of medicine cups in our cabinet so all the little hands can pour a clean amount each time.
  10. I also decided to spruce our bottles up a bit by taping pictures from magazines onto the front, a little label written on a paper grocery sack, and tied with twine from the dollar store. These would also make very nice and extremely inexpensive gifts. Enjoy!
  11. Advertisement

I want to make my own tooth powder from natural ingredients. I would like this powder to be safe enough for everyday use. I would also like to use sage or the equivalent to whiten my teeth as well. I have often seen salt listed as an ingredient; I have also seen people in the dental world warn against the use of any salt because they say it causes microscopic abrasions in the tooth enamel. Is there a safe, homemade tooth powder that whitens, too, and can be used on a daily basis? All the best to everyone!

Newbie

Answers

I got tired of paying extra for whitening toothpastes. My dentist told me to use plain baking soda. I've been using it now for two years and my teeth are whiter than they've ever been. I'm a heavy tea drinker and a smoker, and since using the baking soda, I have very white teeth. Just wet your toothbrush and dip it into the soda and brush! You'll be amazed at the results in just a couple of days.

Just use a mixture of Baking soda and peroxide in the palm of your hand.
Dab it and go to work. This is thee greatest homemade toothpaste that I have ever use and you will notice a great difference after a week or two.

Eddie :) Maverick2842 @ sbcglobal.net (remove spaces)

*seconds SJackie* I do the exact same thing with baking soda twice a week. I don't do it every day because I really don't like the taste. I started doing it about two years ago because I was in college and couldn't afford to get my teeth cleaned as often as I was used to. I noticed the difference within a couple of weeks. My parents have been doing this for the past 15 years and both of them have beautiful NATURAL LOOKING white teeth.

Old Fashioned Tooth Powder
2 Tbsp dried lemon or orange rind
1/4 cup baking soda
2 Tsp salt
Place rinds in food processor, grind until peel becomes a fine powder. Add baking soda and salt then process a few seconds more until you have a fine powder. Store in an airtight tin or jar. Dip moistened toothbrush into mixture, brush as usual.

I don't think this recipe is safe for everyday use but I ensure you to use it twice a week.

you don't have to use salt if you don't wish for. I don't use salt because some people said it can cause tooth disease.

ah, finally! I found a safe tooth powder recipes on the net but not for everyday use I guess.

First, pluck some bay leaves in your garden or wherever and orange peel. Dry them in the sun.When they are dry completely, grind them in blender or grinder, Store in airtight container.

A very good, older dentist told my husband to mix a paste of a small amount of baking soda and a little peroxide and using a CHILD'S SOFT brush, gently brush his gums and each tooth. We both do this now and it's great. Our teeth are getting whiter and our gums are healthier... Leaves your mouth VERY fresh.

By Vivek (Guest Post)

The best tooth powders are made from a mixture of rice husk ash, cinnamon powder and clove powder mixed with rock salt. This has been used for ages in India.

Health & Beauty Beauty Beauty Recipes Teeth and MouthJanuary 28, 2020
🐰
🍀
🌻

Generated 2020-02-24 09:02:12 in 2 secs. ⛅️️ ⚡️