Plastic Spoon Burnt in Dishwasher

A plastic spoon fell on the heating coil in my dishwasher during the drying cycle and melted it. There is now a burned smell in the washer and in my plastic dishes. How can I remove the smell? I did manage to get all the melted plastic out and ran a vinegar wash. It still has a lingering odor. Help!

Dorciah from Jonesboro, GA

Put a half gallon of white vinegar in the bottom of the dishwasher and close the door running it through a rinse cycle BUT after a few minutes in the rinse cycle before it begins to drain itself STOP THE MACHINE and let it sit (perhaps all day or night) with the watered down vingar in it. The smell will come out (IF it is allowed to sit 4 or more hours). After the wait time restart the machine and let it finish its cycle when through open the door and you won't smell the offensive ordor or even the vinegar anymore. THATS IF ALL OF THE PLASTIC SPOON IS SCRAPEd OFF THE HEATING ELEMENT THAT IT IS STUCK TO THAT IS.

Good Luck!

I use a regular package of Lemon Kool aid (NOT SWEETENED) to run through a wash cycle to clean and refresh dishwasher.

Home and Garden Cleaning AppliancesNovember 28, 2006
Interior of a full dishwasher.
Removing Hard Water Stains Inside Dishwasher
Replacing a Dishwasher
Replacing a Dishwasher
Fixing Burnt Sausage
Fixing Burnt Sausage
coke bottle spoon rest
Spoon Rest Ideas
🎉
🎄