Removing Dried Paint on Clothing

How do I remove dried paint from clothes?

By Pam

Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

Oh lord, please do not use Goof Off- Goo Gone on your clothes. That is a oil based product similar to WD-40 and yes,it might take paint out but you will then be left with a big oil/grease stain to try and remove. Go on-line to Red Devil Paint.com and get a small bag of "Save a Brush". This is the only thing I have ever used that actually will take dried paint out of material. It was first sold to professional painters to remove any paint from their very expensive paint brushes and painters over-alls. Back then people did not throw away their tools/clothes.

They had one pair and had to take care of them. That was something my great grandfather and grandfather used and is still made today. Very inexpensive also. Get it at ,"Red Devil Paint Company.com" Do not use an oil based product they do not work.

Answer

Can small dried paint stains be removed from a navy blue jacket?

By Glenn from Jacksonville, TX

Answers:

Removing Dried Paint on Clothing

Have you tried Goof Off? It's relatively inexpensive and a little goes a long way. (01/21/2011)

By Mightyma86

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

How do I take paint out of clothing?

By Elisa from Little Neck, NY

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

When I finished my painting lesson in school, the paint spilled on me and now I can't wear my uniform anymore. What can I do?

By Nathasha from Singapore

Answers:

Removing Dried Paint on Clothing

Try soaking it in white vinegar. (Just the spot). White vinegar will remove completely dried paint off paintbrushes, there is no reason to think it won't work on clothes. Essentially it is ruined anyway, unless you get the paint off, I don't think you have anything to lose in trying. (08/06/2010)

By thriftyvicki

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

How do I remove latex paint from clothing?

By Lori-Jean from PSL, FL

Answers:

Removing Dried Paint on Clothing

I have not tried this on clothes, but white vinegar will take dried paint off paint brushes. It has to soak a good while. (06/15/2010)

By thriftyvicki

Removing Dried Paint on Clothing

I don't think you can do this. I've learned the hard way to have a painting outfit. So I have a pair of my husband's old pants and a raggedy shirt that is splattered with white primer and then gold and mauve paint.

If you don't have really old clothes, it's time to visit the thrift store. (06/16/2010)

By Pricklypear

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

How do I remove dried latex paint from blue jeans?

By Scott from Prescott, AZ

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I need to know how to get dry paint out of clothes.

By Cheryl from Manchester, UK

Answers:

Removing Dried Paint on Clothing

If it is a latex paint, try Goof Off or Goo Gone. They are both latex paint removers that can get paint spots off carpet and clothing. I would try applying the solution to a cloth first, then rub it on the spots that have the paint on them. It should loosen it enough to where it can be removed. (11/28/2009)

By Hawker19

Removing Dried Paint on Clothing

I haven't tried this on clothes, but had great success on the carpet with dried on gloss paint. Spray with hair spray (lacquer) and leave for 5 seconds or so and then rub off with a damp cloth. Good luck. (11/30/2009)

By popet

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

How do you remove dry paint from clothing?

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Photo of a man painting his house.
Removing Paint Stains from Clothing
Home and Garden Cleaning Clothing StainsMarch 6, 2011
Porcelain bathtub.
Removing Paint from a Porcelain Bathtub
Old wooden ladder leaning against a concrete wall with painted designs.
Removing Paint from Concrete
Green paint on a brick wall.
Cleaning Paint from Brick
Old Paint Can
Disposing of Old Paint
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on May 26, 2016 at 1:16:23 AM on 10.0.2.33 in 664 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.