Recipe Ideas for Canned Ravioli

I just "inherited" a box of canned Ravioli. If I just keep serving them, as is, straight out of the can, peoples eyes will become crossed! Does anyone have ideas of preparing and serving these goodies without leaving people groaning? =)

I thank you, and the kids thank you!

Amyscrafts68 from Walnut Creek, CA

Recent AnswersAnswer this Question

By (Guest Post) 02/03/2006

Did you try and add some meatballs and
more sauce and mix some mozzarella
in it and then top with mozzarella.
Bake in 350 for approximately 45 minutes
or until bubily...

I use frozen meatballs.

Hope this helps

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By Jessica (Guest Post) 02/03/2006

How about putting a few cans in a baking dish, and covering them with a yummy topping like parm cheese or mozzrella cheese? Maybe add some tomatoes and make it a "real" cassarole.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By dianajoyce (Guest Post) 02/03/2006

Here's one idea. In a casserole, alernate layers of ravioli and ricotta or cottage cheese. Top with shredded mozzerella. Bake at 350 degrees until piping-hot and cheese is melted.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By Judi 24 02/03/2006

Add a can of ravoli to a can of tomato or vegetable soup.

Add most any kind of shredded cheese, slices of hot dogs, or tiny meat balls.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By Linda Howe 34 02/04/2006

Make a pot of vegetable soup and add them to the soup about 15 minutes before serving. A green salad and french bread completes your meal.

Love & Prayers,

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By Zylo (Guest Post) 02/04/2006

Why not make ravioli sandwhiches? Or try grinding them up in a food processor and using that to stuff tomatoes or pepper. Think of anything you use pasta for and see if you can use the ravioli in it's place.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By Vickie (Guest Post) 02/04/2006

Mix an a casserole dish with cooked broccoli, sour cream to taste, parmesan cheese and green onions. Top with mozzarella and parmesan. Really yummy.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By amy 6 12 02/04/2006

Oh! You guys! This is ALL excellent stuff! Thank you....and keep em coming!!!! Could probably create some sort of a pasta salad too, huh!

Thanky thanky!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By Kaytee 8 02/06/2006

For any of the canned pasta with a tomato based sauce: add per can
1-2 T extra virgin olive oil
a few shakes of garlic powder
1 T "Italian seasoning mix" (basil, oregano,etc) or pesto

Mix well, and heat (stovetop or microwave). Serve with Parmesan cheese on top.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By samaree 5 126 02/06/2006

Add some red pepper flakes to the tomato sauce while heating the ravioli. Heat up some alfredo sauce. Plate the ravioli and drizzle with alfredo sauce. Garnish with parmesan cheese.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By Warren D. Lockaby 2 168 02/08/2006

I'd probably throw them at the dog, unless the kids were being particularly unruly. Seriously though, all earlier suggestions sound good. I'd say the main thing is cheese... and grate your parmesan fresh; got to have lots of parmesan. You will not believe the difference this makes from the pre- grated stuff you get in a can. I'd suggest peppers but I don't know how well your young'uns deal with them; I like stuff pretty hot. Good luck!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By planetaryion 1 11/19/2014

You can deep fry them! Wipe away all the sauce, rinse and pat dry with cold water then gently coat in egg wash and crumb mix for about 3 minutes each side at around 375 degree F oil temperature.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No