Browse   Newsletters   Contests   Ask   Share   Account   About

Animal Feed at Day Old Bread Store

Here is such a money saver you need people to share with! If you go to a day old bread store and ask if they have any "Animal Feed" racks of bread for sale. You can get an entire rack of bread, buns, rolls, snack cakes, tortilla's, chips, etc. for 5.00. If they say no, ask when the best time is to get one. They won't sell it for human consumption though.

By Julie

Recent Feedback

Feedback about this article is posted here. Want to contribute? Click above to post feedback.

By Daddy (Guest Post)08/21/2008

We get about 100 loaves of various kinds of day old bread/buns for $5 at the local Wonder bread outlet. They call it"animal feed". We keep about 15 loaves of specialty breads and give the rest away or feed the ducks/birds etc. Anyway you slice it, it's a bargain.

By Harlean from Arkansas [125]03/02/2005

I guess I am lucky.. where I live, a tray of feedbread is only $1.00. I used to buy it and feed the raccoons in my backyard. I have counted as many as 20 raccoons at one time. But I had to stop feeding them because they began getting destructive. The night they dumped 50 pounds of bird seed out of a trash can that I had weighted down with 2 cement blocks was the last straw, and now all I get is an occasional coon finishing up any bird seed that the squirrels and birds have left at sunset. And I must confess that occasionally I still buy a tray of feedbread for my favorite critters..my family.
Sometimes I get lucky and get raisin bread or breakfast rolls. And I make and freeze French Toast when I get white or wheat bread.
Harlean from Arkansas

Post Feedback

Add your voice to the conversation. Click here to post feedback.