Browsing: Saving Money on Livestock Feed

Animal Feed at Day Old Bread Store

Here is such a money saver you need people to share with! If you go to a day old bread store and ask if they have any "Animal Feed" racks of bread for sale. You can get an entire rack of bread, buns, rolls, snack cakes, tortilla's, chips, etc. for 5.00. If they say no, ask when the best time is to get one. They won't sell it for human consumption though.

By Julie

Showing: Comments Sort: Relevance

I guess I am lucky.. where I live, a tray of feedbread is only $1.00. I used to buy it and feed the raccoons in my backyard. I have counted as many as 20 raccoons at one time. But I had to stop feeding them because they began getting destructive. The night they dumped 50 pounds of bird seed out of a trash can that I had weighted down with 2 cement blocks was the last straw, and now all I get is an occasional coon finishing up any bird seed that the squirrels and birds have left at sunset. And I must confess that occasionally I still buy a tray of feedbread for my favorite critters..my family.

Sometimes I get lucky and get raisin bread or breakfast rolls. And I make and freeze French Toast when I get white or wheat bread.

Harlean from Arkansas

Bread Pudding Variations///

http://www.hgtv.com/hgtv/ah_recipes ... cle/0,1801,HGTV_3175_3576305,00.html

We get about 100 loaves of various kinds of day old bread/buns for $5 at the local Wonder bread outlet. They call it"animal feed". We keep about 15 loaves of specialty breads and give the rest away or feed the ducks/birds etc. Anyway you slice it, it's a bargain.

Sheep and Lamb on Farm
Saving Money on Livestock Feed
Pets AdviceMarch 2, 2005
Gluten free bread in a bread machine.
Gluten Free Bread Machine Recipes
Green Valentine's Day Ideas, heart shaped leaf
Being Single on Valentine's Day
Moldy bread.
Preventing Mold on Bread
Recipes Using Stale Bread, Slice of Bread on Cutting Board
Recipes Using Stale Bread
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on August 18, 2016 at 5:47:34 PM on 10.0.1.227 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.