Buying Feed Corn

A farm supply or feed store carries this product for feeding animals and poultry. This is a guide about buying feed corn.

The tip "Feed Corn for Keeping Cool" by Ruth C. shared some information on how to soothe feet using feed corn. I live in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada and would very much appreciate knowing where I could purchase a bag of feed corn. I would be very grateful for any information you may have.

Most sincerely,

E.H.

By Elaine H. from Edmonton, Alberta

Answers

Hello, local feedmill sell feed corn.

Not much corn grown around Edmonton. You'd have better luck looking for wheat or flax, and I am sure they would work as well as corn. Feed corn is just the dried corn kernels off the cob, and as I said, we have very little of it up here in Canada. Do you have any friends or relatives who have a contact on a farm? Trust me, if you wanted a little bag of wheat or flax to keep your feet cool, any farmer would give that to you. Alternatively, you could buy a couple of flax or wheat bags, which I am sure are available at farmers' markets or from home crafters. Usually you heat them up in the microwave so that you have a heating pad, but there is no reason you couldn't put them in your freezer. Less messy, in my opinion.

I would think rice would be a good substitute for the feed corn, and easier to find.