Cooking Instructions for Smoked Ham

Does anyone know how to cook a smoked ham roast? I need to know the amount of cooking time per pound and what temperature? Do I cover it with aluminum foil or does it need to be in a roasting pan? Thanks.

By county from Fort Scott, KS

You need to cook it approx. 30 minutes per pound. I roast mine in the oven (any type of pan that it will fit in), covered with foil for about 3/4 of the cooking time, then uncovered. I also put a small amount of water in the bottom of the pan. I then use this and the drippings for a gravy. Just keep an eye out to make sure that the water doesn't evaporate.

go to www.recipetips.com this should help ya or go to ham 101..lots of tips there

I figure like a roast that goes in frozen. I usually never thaw my things like that, waste of time. A 5 lb would comfortably be 3 hours on 350 degrees, foil covered to retain all juices, steams the meat. Also put about 1 cup water in the bottom for the steam factor. Then I took chunks of the meat and refroze back into some juices for future uses. Mine had been from a butchered hog, so not a lot of choice of size for me.

I cook my ham in pineapple juice not water. And place pineapple slices on top abut 30 minutes before it is done. You could try this if you like pineapple. you can either cover it with aluminum foil or put it in a pan that has a cover. I use enough pineapple juice to fill pan 1/3 to 1/2 height of the ham. Bake 30 minutes per pound at 350 degrees.

Food and Recipes Food Tips MeatSeptember 17, 2009
Cooking a Turkey in Your Oven, A turkey in the oven.
Cooking Ham and Turkey in the Same Oven
Smoked Salmon on Toast
Smoked Salmon Recipes
Recipes Using Leftover Ham, Spiral sliced ham.
Freezing Leftover Ham
Ham Loaf
Ham Loaf Recipes
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 26, 2017 at 2:25:29 PM on 10.0.1.55 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.