Write Down Calories

Right now, what seems to be helping me eat more sanely (not overeating, or eating very high in calorie or fat foods), is writing down the calories I've consumed every time I eat or drink something. It keeps you honest with how you are eating. I measure things, and if I don't know the calories, I look them up on the computer.

By julrobs from North Augusta, SC

Most diets boast that while on them, you don't have to count calories. If a person is serious about trying to lose weight, or maintain a certain weight, counting calories should be a part of their plan. It forces you to be honest with yourself; something you probably wasn't doing when you were gaining that excess weight.

If counting calories works (and apparently it works for you), it's a very small price to pay to achieve your goal. I wish you continued success!

I do the exact same thing, it all started when I got my Fitbit that tracks calories burned, calories consumed (that info you have to log it) steps walked, distance. Anyway once you log calories you realize how much are are actually consuming and take smaller servings or cut out eating that extra stuff....and you also start to learn in your head without looking up calories how many a often consumed item has. Linda H. Omaha, N.E