BreadsBaking & Desserts

Recipe for Subway Honey Oat Bread

I am looking for a recipe similar to Subway honey oat bread.

joydusik from Bristol, NH

The bread is cooked in a convection oven so even with the right recipe you might not get the same result. That being said the only difference between the wheat and the honey oat is that the wheat bread is coated (except for the bottom) this is from the subway site:

HONEY OAT BREAD Subway® Wheat Bread, honey oat topping (organic cane juice solids, rolled oats, diced soy nuts, honey solids, wheat starch, sunflower oil, salt, caramel color, and natural flavor).

Hi, I used to work at subway and we ordered white bread and wheat bread the wheat bread is rolled in the honey and oat topping then scored then baked for 26-30 min. And yes, it was awesome!

I have searched everywhere for a recipe of the subway honey oat bread. I've tried several of the ones I've found on different web sites for bread but nothing comes close to it. It is so good and I would like to make it for home.

Thank you!
RoseMary B

Answers:

Recipe for Subway Honey Oat Bread

As a former Subway manager, I can tell you that the basic bread is just the basic wheat bread at subway. The only difference is the topping they roll it in before rising. You might try looking for the recipe for the topping. Check the subway web site and it may have the ingredients for the bread (04/21/2005)

By cjgeo

Recipe for Subway Honey Oat Bread

Its the same with herbs and cheese, we just roll the white bread in Parmesan oregano, and then sprinkle shredded cheese on before baking. Maybe you can make a deal with your local subway owner and buy a bag of the honey oat stuff off him? (02/21/2006)

By Sandwich Artist