Paint on a Leather Jacket - Categories:

StainsCleaning

Paint on a Leather Jacket

How can I remove paint from my leather jacket without damaging the jacket?

By Clarence from Durham, NC

Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

December 13, 2011 Flag

How should I clean a sheep skin leather jacket? My black leather jacket (sheep skin) has been stained by house paint dust and 1 small drop of paint. I don't know how to take it out without a mark left behind. Please help. Thank you.

By Deuan from Sathorn, Bangkok

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Oh you really must be very carfull of it. I have a coat made of 100% sheepskin and know how hard it is to clean. You need to buy a leather and suede brush and spot eraser. They sell them in some supermarkets, and they will have then in any shoe store or shoe repair. That is the only thing I can think of that won't distroy your coat. Other than that you will need to take it to a furrier.

January 9, 2011 Flag

How can I get paint off a leather coat?

By William from Tampa, FL

Answers:

Paint on a Leather Jacket

You could try turps. I do not think it would do anything to the leather, but I would read up on it first. (01/04/2010)

By Steven

January 3, 2010 Flag

I have my wonderful leather jacket that I love to wear all the time. But, it has this pink paint stain on it. I tried every possible solution to take it off, but nothing worked. Can any of you guys help me out here?

Ben from Ottawa, Ontario

Answers:

Paint on a Leather Jacket

If none of these solutions work, try finding a fabric paint that closely matches the color of the leather, and just paint over the stain. Not a perfect fix, but something I've used in the past when a stain just can't be removed. (02/24/2009)

By WildIrish

Paint on a Leather Jacket

How about vinegar? Or an ink eraser? (02/24/2009)

By Cheryl636

February 23, 2009 Flag

How do I get paint off of a leather jacket?

Leanne from Scarborough, Ontario

Answers:

Paint on a Leather Jacket

Hot water worked great. All I did was, use just hot water from the tap and rub lightly. It came off easily. Thanks for the help. (12/03/2008)

By Matt S

Paint on a Leather Jacket

I bought a high end purse secondhand at a very steep discount, due to the fact that it had a small paint splatter, on one of the bottom corners. I'm not sure what type of paint, it looks like the type for painting interiors. It is made of a rough, textured black leather. I used the isopropyl alcohol trick. I applied it with a Q-Tip and wiped the excess alcohol off with a clean cotton ball. Then I went over the affected spots with a cotton ball soaked with baby oil. Then I cleaned the excess baby oil off with a clean cotton ball. Looks like new! You cannot even tell that there was "damage" to the affected areas. (01/31/2009)

By It works!

October 15, 2008 Flag
Click to read more ideas from older posts on ThriftyFun.

January 22, 2008 Flag
Home and Garden Cleaning StainsJanuary 9, 2011
Leather Jacket
Cleaning Body Oil Stains on Leather Jacket
Leather Jacket
Cleaning Stains on a Leather Jacket
Girl wearing a leather jacket.
Caring for a Leather Jacket
An ink pen in a blue leather purse.
Removing Ink from Leather
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on August 22, 2016 at 5:47:39 AM on 10.0.0.143 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.