My mother was taking her walk in the woods at the cottage and happened upon this fab mushroom. I snapped this shot after something took a bite out of the side. I believe it is an Amanita muscaria - AKA: Fly Agaric.
Very pretty shot, very clear.
Don't the amanitas have a ring on the stem? I'm not sure.
Lovely photo and find! I love to LOOK at mushrooms, but every time I EAT them, I get a
systemic yeast infection, which is the ONLY time I get one, I suppose because yeast is a fungus and mushrooms are in the fungus family? Now that I haven't eaten them in a very long time, should I get a slice or two of one in something, it tastes a lot like dirt to me...likely because the fungus grows in very moist dirt? I remember when lots of folks had mushroom image collections in everything from knick-knacks to jewelry. I have seen so many photos of them that I am REALLY surprised at all the different varieties. No WONDER some people mistake the poison ones for edible ones. Colorful ones certain are attractive! God bless you. : )
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!