Amanita Muscaria/Fly Agaric?

My mother was taking her walk in the woods at the cottage and happened upon this fab mushroom. I snapped this shot after something took a bite out of the side. I believe it is an Amanita muscaria - AKA: Fly Agaric.

By Lisa from Halifax, Nova Scotia

flat yellow mushroom

Very pretty shot, very clear.

Don't the amanitas have a ring on the stem? I'm not sure.

Lovely photo and find! I love to LOOK at mushrooms, but every time I EAT them, I get a

systemic yeast infection, which is the ONLY time I get one, I suppose because yeast is a fungus and mushrooms are in the fungus family? Now that I haven't eaten them in a very long time, should I get a slice or two of one in something, it tastes a lot like dirt to me...likely because the fungus grows in very moist dirt? I remember when lots of folks had mushroom image collections in everything from knick-knacks to jewelry. I have seen so many photos of them that I am REALLY surprised at all the different varieties. No WONDER some people mistake the poison ones for edible ones. Colorful ones certain are attractive! God bless you. : )

I love the picture. Makes me think of Fairies and that this is one of their little tables.

orangish yellow forest mushrooms
Fungi and Mushroom Photos
Photos GardenJuly 31, 2007
A close up of a black house fly.
Fly Repellent Recipes
yellow fly or deer fly
Getting Rid of Deer Flies (Yellow Flies)
Close up of housefly on white background
Homemade Fly Traps
Fly paper strips hanging by clothes pins.
Making Fly Paper