We recently did a bunch of work on our house. We moved in about 5 years ago and needed to replace the kitchen floor and paint the main rooms. We also had the windows and doors replaced, including the sliding glass patio door in the dining room. Well, after a couple of weeks of having the house torn up, we were finally able to get it all put back together. We were looking for new heater registers for our floor vents in the dining room and didn't keep the old rusted and ugly one.
Well, long story short, I put the leg of our dining room chair too close to the vent and it fell in. This caused the chair to collapse (with me in it) and the back was shoved with some force into the sliding glass door. Thank goodness for safety glass! I went out and bought a new register that evening. I was able to call the company that had just installed the new door and they sold me the replacement slider for about $200.00. An expensive mistake. My husband made sure the smoke alarm went up later that night too, just in case.
Jess in Portland, OR
OMG! I hope you are ok!
I am so glad you weren't hurt badly! God bless you!
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!