Coffee Grounds for Strawberry Plants

Is it good to sprinkle coffee grounds on strawberry plants?

Mara from Homer, AK

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

yes coffee grounds are great for all plants,lot of nutrients in them to help plants grow.I put them around my tomatoe plants and they are growing so fast I can't keep up with them..lol

Try it and see!! Good luck

It depends upon the variety of strawberry plant. If seasonal, no. If everbearing, yes, in my opinion. If you have just planted them, no, because you want to discourage "runners" the first year, I hear, but if established, and you want lots of green growth, the used coffee grounds will make a big difference in the leaf growth, which should then also help the plant produce good strawberries, my favorite fruit! lol I heard that spreading dry grass under each plant helps a lot to keep fruit from spoiling, and spreading basil leaves discourages pests from eating the berries?

Good luck and God bless you. : )

I put coffee grounds around all my plants and use leftover coffee mixed with water to water them. They love it.

remember roses love bananna peels

Do I have to dry the coffee grounds first?

Sue

Answer

Home and Garden Gardening GrowingJune 22, 2007
ground coffee
Uses for Coffee Grounds
Coffe Maker
Cleaning a Drip Coffee Maker
Coffee Beans
Cleaning With Coffee
ground coffee
Using Coffee Grounds in the Garden
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on March 25, 2016 at 3:56:45 PM on 10.0.1.216 in 888 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.