Browse   Newsletters   Contests   Ask   Share   Account   About

Coffee Grounds for Strawberry Plants

Is it good to sprinkle coffee grounds on strawberry plants?

Mara from Homer, AK

By

By SUE [3]07/03/2007

Do I have to dry the coffee grounds first?
Sue

By Annie Rios Hill [12]06/28/2007

remember roses love bananna peels

By Mythi (Guest Post)06/25/2007

I put coffee grounds around all my plants and use leftover coffee mixed with water to water them. They love it.

By Lynda (Guest Post)06/25/2007

It depends upon the variety of strawberry plant. If seasonal, no. If everbearing, yes, in my opinion. If you have just planted them, no, because you want to discourage "runners" the first year, I hear, but if established, and you want lots of green growth, the used coffee grounds will make a big difference in the leaf growth, which should then also help the plant produce good strawberries, my favorite fruit! lol I heard that spreading dry grass under each plant helps a lot to keep fruit from spoiling, and spreading basil leaves discourages pests from eating the berries?

Good luck and God bless you. : )

By Marian Poke [12]06/24/2007

yes coffee grounds are great for all plants,lot of nutrients in them to help plants grow.I put them around my tomatoe plants and they are growing so fast I can't keep up with them..lol
Try it and see!! Good luck