Browsing: Getting Hair Dye Off Skin

Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Getting Hair Dye Off Skin

It happens, you are dyeing your hair and either didn't wear gloves or accidentally get some on the skin around your hairline. This is a guide about getting hair dye off skin.

Getting Hair Dye Off Skin

Warning: Some materials are not designed to be used on skin and could cause a chemical burn. Always follow the manufacturer's safety guidelines.

Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

April 13, 2013 Flag

I used my son's Johnson & Johnson baby body wash the one in the yellow bottle, then I added a bit of sugar to make a light scrub. Within seconds all the hair dye came off my skin, I now make a batch and use it as a body scrub once a week and my skin is super soft.

What do you think the ratio of shampoo to sugar is for your scrub?

October 25, 2007 Flag

Over the years, I have dyed my hair everything from bright pink to blue black. Along the way, I have also accidentally dyed by ears, my neck,my arms and many other body parts, I won't mention. After trying all of the normal methods, I found that the best way to get dried hair dye off of skin is with a combo of Simple Green and baking soda. Not only will it cut through the dye like a hot knife through butter but it will give you a great exfoliation as well!

Keep in mind though, that although the Simple Green is a nontoxic biodegradable cleaner, it will strip your hair of any color. So keep it on the skin and off the hair unless you want blond roots! ;) Hope this helps!

By Roxanne from Richmond, TX

I dyed my hair dark reddish purple but I have big dark spots on my scalp, have you had that before and what should I use. If you have a idea?

March 23, 2011 Flag

How do you get hair dye off your face?

By June from Gateshead

Lysol Lemon Wipes.. it came right off, my skin aND everything. It works!

totally works

March 25, 2015 Flag

brown hair dye on handsMy crazy daughter dyed her friend's hair dark brown, without gloves! It is 2 weeks til prom and her hands look like she dipped them in old engine oil!

By Shasha

Thank u!!!!

Put bleach and laundry detergent and a bowl let it soak for 15min

May 12, 2012 Flag

I dyed my boyfriend's hair and he has hair dye all on his forehead and ears. We have tried everything to get it off; any other tips?

By Rebecca

That wouldn't make sense, sea breeze is a scalp treatment, they most likely are using a for of "color off" which you can purchase, but simply applying it like sea breeze

rubbing alcohol or coconut oil

August 17, 2013 Flag

All I ever do is use Palmolive dish soap on a facecloth with hot water and voila! I wipe it off immediately as soon as I am done putting dye all over my hair. This has worked for me always.

January 15, 2010 Flag

Every time I get my hair colored (I really have white hair and have it colored golden blonde), my scalp gets really pink. What can I do to get rid of the scalp color? Or make it go away sooner?

By littlebit from Saint Joseph, MI

As a former cosmetologist and major allergy sufferer, I can say from more than one viewpoint that the pink scalp is nothing to play around with. When I was a cosmetologist, we were required to do a patch test on all customers any time we changed the brand or shade of hair color we used. If there was a reaction it didn't always mean the customer needed to stay away from color, but that we needed to try a different brand, or even a different shade of the same brand. If the patch test is used and there is any irritation, keep trying until you find one that does not have a reaction; this may even mean bringing your own color to the salon if the ones there all cause reactions.

If they all cause reactions see an allergist, you may have other sensitivities as well. Do not add anything to the color or just take a benedryl without first trying to alleviate the problem, as this is the least dangerous option. Danger? I know someone who would pop benadryl when she had a reaction and one day she had to take 4 doses before the reaction slowed, 4 doses is a day's worth, and she had to take them all within maybe an hour, next time she may not be so fortunate. Also, have you ever seen a full-blown allergic scalp reaction to a chemical such as color or perm? Horrible to see, painful for its victim, and the effects are lasting.

For the cosmotologist I dyed my hair bright red but I did it myself so it's all on m y scalp my scalp is bright red. Is there anything I can use to get the dye off my scalp without taking the color out of my hair?

November 26, 2013 Flag

I usually put conditioner around my hair line, ears, neck; anywhere I know dye will get. After I'm done dying my hair, it comes right off!

November 30, 2014 Flag

How do I get hair dye off of my neck and face?

By Diana T from Port Orchard, WA

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I'd get some petroleum jelly and let that sit on your skin for a few minutes. Afterward get a warm washcloth and gently wipe it off. If that doesn't work with just water try using a good face wash (like the ones that help with pimples and black heads.

Same problem here..got some burning redish spot..if you got solution then please help me too..m worried about my face and beard...thsnk you.

October 5, 2011 Flag

I've dyed my hair and now I have a red ring of dye still on my head. How do I remove it? I need help ASAP!

Load More
Health & Beauty Beauty Hair Tips ColoringAugust 9, 2012
Keeping Hair Dye Off Skin
Keeping Hair Dye Off Your Skin
Up close photo of red, wavy hair.
Homemade Hair Dye Recipes
Sink with hair dye stains
Removing Hair Dye from a Bathroom Sink
Red Hair Dye
Removing Hair Dye Stains from a Bathtub
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on September 28, 2016 at 1:20:02 PM on 10.0.0.142 in 4 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.