Back to School Bingo Party

Summer comes and goes much too quickly, but you can create a little excitement over heading back to the classroom. Take advantage of the great deals and throw a "back to School bingo" for your kids!I did this for my children and their friends years ago, and it was a lot of fun. I purchased crayons, markers, pencils, rulers, notebooks and other school essentials, most for a quarter or fifty cents, some for even less. (Our current Walgreens ad offers items for 9, 19 and 29 cents each!)

On party day, we covered a few card tables, put out a couple of bowls of M and Ms, and we were ready for our guests. We provided each child a paper grocery sack for their loot, and each bingo! scored a school supply of the winner's choice. About halfway through the event, we set up a sundae bar and the kids built their own ice cream sundaes. Each of our guests went home with a sack of items they needed to start the school year, and the kids had a great time for very little money!

By Karen from Elsberry, MO

This is such a GREAT idea!! Too bad my children are both grown. I will certainly pass this idea along to friends will small children. Thanks for sharing.