Hand Warmers for Back Pain

I was out fishing and was using a couple of those cheap hand warmers that you shake up and an hour later, they warm up your hands. Mine came from Walmart and I got 4 for $2. When I got home, they were still warm. My back was aching and I put them inside my jeans and it was like having a heating pad there. It lasted into the evening.

As I have chronic back pain, I know this will get me though those meetings that go on for hours with at least some relief from the pain that usually occurs.

By Jeanette from Sacramento, CA

What a great idea!

I've thought about getting hand warmers, but never thought about using them for my back.

Are they re-usable or just the one time?

Fantastic idea! I usually find most ideas have been rehashed or worthless, but this is unique thrifty, and effective. Good going.

Jeanette, there are large back warmers that are made just for your back. They last for a long time, and are just wonderful. I use them on my lower back when it is very cold, and I go skiingl. They last well into the evening, and are so soothing. They really take the chill off after a long day on the slopes, and are so relaxing. You can likely find them at the same place you bought your handwarmers. If not, try a drug store. I get mine at a local Rexall. The back warmers are larger than the handwarmers, have adhesive to hold them in place on your shirt, and last longer.

Thanks, I haven't seen the large back warmers here in Sacramento CA. I will look for them though. How expensive are they? The inexpensive warmers I am using are one use only but they last around 12 hours which got me through the fishing and then later too. I had an all day seminar that I attended and it lasted the whole time. I used two of them so it only cost a dollar for all of that relief. Money well spent as far as I was concerned. I am glad that you all like the idea too.

Interesting idea, but I really need something reusable. I have such a hard time getting out to do any shopping, a reusable item would be more convenient for me. You still get my vote for a good idea that works so well for you.

Young man holding his lower back.
Remedies For Lower Back Pain
Health & Beauty Home RemediesFebruary 24, 2011
Making Fleece Hand Warmers
Making Fleece Hand Warmers
Man holding lower back in pain
Remedies for Sciatic Nerve Pain
pink heart shaped hand warmer going into pocket
Making Hand Warmers
Using acupressure on a foot.
Using Acupressure for Foot Pain