Dog's Medication Smells Like Sulfur

I have a dog that just recently went to the vet because he has a skin bacteria that keeps him itching and biting. They gave me a medicine that smells like sulfur and now my whole house smells this way. What can I do to get rid of that smell?

v.mills from ny state

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

Is it LymDip by any chance? If so, my dogs are going through the same thing. I just opened the windows to air things out. I've also been using some kind of air freshener that kills bacteria in the air...the smell should fade in a few days regardless. Good luck!

The fall season gives us a perfect opportunity to bring in the lovely smells of apple, cider, cinnamon, orange, clove (and anything else you can think of). Put bits of whatever you have in a small pan with some water on the stove and let it simmer slowly for a day. Do remember to turn it off at night, though!

I go thru the same problem with my English bulldog. Her food is a special antigen formula,smells like fish! Yuck! I burn Yankee Candles. They smell the best to me. I tried the glade plug-ins and they are so expensive and don't last long. Aerosol works ok but I find that the Yankee candles are great. They come in a variety of scents. I get mine from Bed Bath & Beyond. Every month they have a scent of the month. I got a 22oz. cinnamon stick for $15+tax regularly around $22 perfect for the hoildays! Best of Luck. Jennifer CA

It sounds like the medication has Tea Tree Oil in it, which is

great for relieving itching.

Pets DogsOctober 26, 2005
Faucet running in a kitchen that uses well water.
Removing Sulfur Smell from a Well Water System
Applying Topical Flea Medication on Cats
Applying Topical Flea Medication on Pets
cat
Buying Generic Capstar Flea Medication
A puppy scratching at fleas.
Giving Medication to Pets
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 21, 2017 at 7:23:38 PM on 10.0.0.30 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.