Using Rings on Rod Pocket Curtains

I went curtain shopping yesterday and the girl at Bed Bath and Beyond told me that you can use any rod pocket curtains and put them on the rings instead. Has anyone done this? I thought maybe it might look weird because you'd see where the rod is suppose to go in the curtain.

Priscilla from Zwolle

Try it out first: get a chopstick or something and weave a piece of fabric through it. I think it would look fine! With decorating, anything goes -- and you'll be guaranteed to get comments on your creativity.

Well I haven't purchased the curtains yet, I was hoping to hear if anyone has done this before so I can know if its a good idea or not.

If the curtains are gathered, I don't think the rod pocket will be that noticeable.

I have a window done that way. They hang from wooden rings on a wooden rod with lace curtains behind. It doesn't look strange at all. I had the rod and needed to put heavy curtains up for winter when I tried it. The curtains move nicely.

I've done this and it looked fine. I used the rings you can buy that clip on. What I did was clip the rings on at even intervals on each panel, then threaded them on the rod. But if your rod already has rings that clip on it, go that way. If not, the rings usually have a kind of eye on them that is meant for a hook to go through. You could just sew the curtain panels to the rings by hand with buttonhole twist(a really strong thread)or even more thrifty waxed dental floss. The last is sone of the strongest thead there is and the wax makes the thread slid through easily

I guess I kind of look at it like this, if people get close enought to notice, they deserve to find something wrong. lol

Home and Garden Home Improvement Decorating CurtainsFebruary 28, 2008
Metal Door
Attaching a Curtain Rod to a Metal Door
Curtain Rod
Installing a Curtain Rod
Hanging Curtains With Pleat Hooks
Hanging Curtains
Measuring Windows for New Curtains, Gold colored curtains and white sheers hanging on a wondow.
Measuring Windows for New Curtains
🎄
🍂