Laying Down a Tile Floor

I have purchased floor tiles for my kitchen and am not sure how to measure so that they are laid evenly. Anyone have any advice?

LINDA from NYC

How to Install Floor Tile

http://www.ehow.com/Search.aspx?s=install+floor+tiles&Options=0

There are spacers you can get at Lowes and Home Depot - they allow you to be sure the tiles are spaced evenly.

Laying tile can be difficult - I found out the hard way that mistakes are expensive, and not easily fixed. I ended up paying to have what I'd attempted to do taken out, and my subfloor repaired, as well as purchasing additional materials to finish the project, and paying to have the original work done. Make sure you know what you're doing, and how to do it correctly, before you get started!

There's a problem with using spacers. They're manufactured to be exactly the same size, piece after piece. Tiles are not. You can get as much as 1/16" variation from one tile to the next. Your best bet is gridding out the floor with chalk lines. If you want a further explanation and people who will help you through to the end of the project, check out the forum at the following link:

http://johnbridge.com/vbulletin/index.php

Home and Garden Home Improvement FlooringDecember 10, 2007
Tile Floor
Painting a Tile Floor
Installing Vinyl Tile Over Old Linoleum Tile
Cleaning Tile Floors, Textured blue floor tile.
Cleaning Textured Flooring
Cleaning Dirty Tile
Homemade Tile and Grout Cleaner Recipes
🎉
🎄