Calculating Meat Portions for Large Group

How much brisket is needed for 400 people when offering two meats?

By Cyd 2

When more than one meat is offered, many people send a menu with the invitation so they will know how many want one meat and how many want the other. Then calculate how much you will need of each. I am sure there is a formula but when I cook for a lot, I think how much I would need for five people then multiply by the number I am having. If in doubt, ask the place where you are buying the meat.

I couldn't find it in my cookbooks, but I have a cookbook from the National Cattlemen's Beef Association and if you Google them and find the website (not listed in the cookbook) I bet they either will have it there or will tell you if you e-mail them.

Kabobs for a Large Group
Calculating Ingredients When Feeding Large Group
Food and Recipes Food Tips AdviceSeptember 13, 2010
Tray of Lasagna
Making Lasagna for Large Groups
Cooking eggs for a large group.
Cooking Scrambled Eggs for a Large Group
A bowl of chili with corn bread.
Making Chili for a Large Group
Sloppy joes for a large group.
Making Sloppy Joes for a Large Group
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 25, 2017 at 1:08:34 AM on 10.0.0.241 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.