Recycled Bag From Placemats
This is a bag made from placemats that I purchased at a garage sale.
Approximate Time: 1 to 1/2 hours
- place mats
- yellow cotton fabric
- blue cotton fabric
- old button
- embroidery design
- embroidery thread
- To begin, decide which place mat will be the front and embroider a design of your choice on the front. Place the 2 place mats wrong sides together and sew them on one long side and 2 short sides.
- While the machine was embroidering the design, I took one strip of yellow and one strip of blue fabric approximately 20 x 1 1/2 inches.
- Fold each pieced in half lengthwise wrong sides together and sew down each long side. Turn fabric and stuff with cording.
- On this bag I made 2 sets of these and twisted them together to make the handles. Place handle ends just inside the top of bag.
- Next cut 2 strips of fabric to match the size of the place mats. Sew together on one long side and 2 short sides. Fold down the top 1/4 inch. Place inside bag with wrong sides together. Sew around the top to attach the lining.
- For the closure I made a strip of blue fabric and used a large old yellow button.
By Judy from Jonesboro, TX
April 29, 20100 found this helpful
Darling and clever! Would wear well and you could really have variety. I wonder if you could fold over the top for a flap closing? Thanks!
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
In This Article
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on December 4, 2016 at 6:18:54 PM on 10.0.0.210 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us