Homemade Chicken Pie

Take a pie dish and spray Pam in it. Next take your dough, I bought the Pillsbury dough (I had a coupon, buy 2 save $1). The first one I used was for an apple pie. Put the other one in the freezer until now.

Saute onions and boneless chicken in a frying pan. I usually shred the chicken after it is cooked in the pan. Add a can of chicken soup and add a can of water or milk (but with the oil I used with the chicken, and I added a bit of water too. I didn't need that much water).

Next add whatever veggie you like. I added a can of corn drained. Next, since I forgot to cook a potato or two for the recipe, I microwaved 2 for about 12 minutes, cut it up and threw it in. It was a creamy like mixture.

Put 1 of the pie crust dough in the dish (you can use homemade, mine always turns up lousy). Pour the mixture in the dish. Next add the top part of the dough trim and put like slices that resemble a star shape with a sharp knife. Bake at 350 degrees F until brown on top. You can make gravy to go with it and it wasn't hard to make.

Hubby loved it and so did I. You can add what ever you want and veggie lovers you can add the just the veggies and a can of cream of mushroom. Just use your imagination. Hope you enjoy it. My hubby got boneless chicken when it was on sale for a really good price.

Source: A lady submitted to the Kraft people and I remade it to my liking.

Sounds GREAT! For further cost savings you could substitute some of the turkey that you bought for $.39 per pound at the after the holidays sales. Thanks for sharing! Shari from Greer

chicken pot pie
Chicken Pot Pie Recipes
Food and Recipes Recipes Main DishesNovember 14, 2008
Chicken a la King in puff pastry shell
Chicken A' La King Recipes
pecan pie
Freezing Pecan Pie
Canning Pie Filling, Cherry Pie
Canning Pie Filling
Cute Little Girl in Chicken Costume
Making a Chicken Costume
🎄